Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 23 July 2015

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 16A
    • SRP Recruiting (Mark)
    • SRP Telecons (JJ)
    • PST Status (Dana, Jen, Rick)
    • PST/PHT Items (Dana, Barry, Jen, Rick)
    • Global VLBI (Gareth)
    • GBT DDT Proposals (Dana, Toney, Rick)

  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, JenPlank, MarkClaussen, HeidiMedlin, MeriStanley, ToneyMinter, DaveFrayer, GarethHunt, DanaBalser, JessicaUtley, EmmanuelMomjian

  • 16A
    • SRP Recruiting. MarkClaussen has attempted to recruit 5 different people in the last week for the ETP SRP to no avail. Three people did not even reply to his message. JessicaUtley will send him a list of previous SRP memebers dating back to 11B.
    • SRP Telecons. JessicaUtley has gotten responses back from most SRP members and is looking over the schedule. There are some issues (e.g., crowding in one week versus another), but not as back as last semester.
    • PST Status. Thus far 5 proposals have been submitted (4 VLA, 1 VLBA), and 8 helpdesk tickets. No major issues thus far. EmmanuelMomjian noticed that the link the to ECT was incorrect on the VLA technical justification page (and also on the sessions page). There is a ticket for this and it will be fixed and released today. The new GBT sponsor, BPF, will also be added to the list.
    • PST/PHT Items. DanaBalser summarized the tickets (2 PST review, and several PHT). JenPlank is almost done with the remaining PST review item (SRP export file) and will release this to webtest. She will then start work on the first PHT item (add extra columns to the TAC report table). The html can then be copied to a web page and viewed by the TAC.
    • Global VLBI. MarkClaussen summarized global vlbi proposals (see below). We agreed to use the joint-proposals email list to circulate these proposals. This list is currently used for joint external proposals. We also discussed joint external proposals (e.g., HST). The mechanism in the PST for manually entering external proposals is not being used. For the VLA/VLBA there are too many proposals and not enough resources. For the GBT this caused confusion with users. It was agreed we would abandon adding these into the PST. We can revisit this topic with the next version of the tool.
      • Global mm VLBI (GMVA). Proposals are submitted via the PST. The NRAO TAC and an EVN committee review these proposals separately. This info in combined and a decision is made.
      • Global cm VLBI. Proposals are submitted via North Star (3 times per year) and there is no mechanism to include these in the PST. These are not reviewed by the NRAO TAC but only by an EVN committee. NRAO people attend a telecon where time allocation is discussed. This includes time on the VLA, VLBA, and GBT.
    • GBT DDT Proposals. ToneyMinter has used the script to flip the public bit for a recent DDT. He will check to make sure it appears in the PFT.

  • AOB
    • Student Observing Support (SOS): SOS will return in 16A. It will be performed after the review process and solicited in the disposition letters. The SOS page may not reflect these changes (e.g., are Sponsored proposals included?).

-- DanaBalser - 2015-07-22

This topic: Software > TelescopeTimeAllocation > TTAMinutes23July2015
Topic revision: 2015-07-23, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback