Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 19 March 2015

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 15B
    • Review Status (Dana)
    • PHT Status (Barry, Gustaaf, Jen)

  • 16A
    • PST Requirements [https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/Software/PSTPoRAug2015] (Dana)
    • GOST Requirements (Lorant)
    • GBT Sensitivity Calculator Requirements (Toney)
    • VLA Exposure Calculator Requirements (Mark)

  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, HeidiMedlin, MarkClaussen, GustaafVanMoorsel, DanaBalser, ToneyMInter, ClaireChandler, GarethHunt, DavidFrayer, StephanWitz, EmmanuelMomjian

  • 15B
    • Review Status. All individual reviews have been completed. Three telcons have been done with most occurring next week. So far no major issues. JessicaUtely is training additional ALMA data analysts to administer the telecons at the end of next week.
    • PHT Status. BarryClark has performed some testing. The plan was to release the PHT by 23 March but this might slip. Some items do not have to be ready until later so there is some flexibility.

  • 16A
    • PST Requirements [https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/Software/PSTPoRAug2015]. We will not being using the sprint in JIRA to organize tickets but just lump them together for 16A and use their priority to rank their importance. We then went through each item on the PoR (except the Review items which we will do after the review process).
      • Adding LMT to Resources. This is a bit complicated to add as a station since we need to trap as RSRO. Maybe keep as an "other" station for now and once this station becomes mature we can add it. Need to be clear in the documentation that the LMT is only RSRO.
      • EVN Screen Shot. It would be good to require the EVN calculator screen shot for VLBA/HSA and GMVA. Some proposals do not care about this sensitivity, however, so we need to think about this more.
      • LST min/max. This is already a ticket but did not get worked on last semester. BarryClark suggests this will be a bit of work. The calculation is different for different telescopes. Barry will update the ticket. ToneyMInter noted that the GBT does this calculation in the GBT PHT and it is useful about 95% of the time. We all agreed it would be useful to develop the algorithm (even if we do not implement it in the PST). We should contact PaulMarganian who has coded the GBT software. (Also we should keep RyanLynch in the loop since he expressed some interest.)
      • Detect Browser type. We continue to have problems with Safari (and sometime Chrome), especially when uploading files. One suggestion was to detect the browser type and have a popup message if not Firefox. GarethHunt suggested a flashing note on the dashboard instead of the current static note (StephanWitz head hit the table). We agreed to explore the popup message.
      • Disabled accounts. Currently a user can login to a disabled account. This is located in two places: portal and authors page. We should investigate if this is trivial to fix (do it) or not (reassess). We should create two JIRA tickets.
      • Contact Number Bug. A user claimed the PST said he did not have a contact phone number in his profile, but he claimed he did. We agreed to take a quick look for anything obvious.
      • VLA sub-arrays. This is not implemented in the PST. Currently sub-arrays are listed on the General page. We removed them from the Sessions page a while back because they just caused confusion. We agree to improve the documentation.
      • Exposure Calculator and Sessions. We need a way to connect the exposure calculator screen shot with the session. Maybe consider using html and use in reports.
    • GOST Requirements. We will discuss next time.
    • GBT Sensitivity Calculator Requirements. We will discuss next time.
    • VLA Exposure Calculator Requirements. We will discuss next time.

  • AOB
    • TTA Meeting. The meeting for 26 March will be canceled. We will meet 2 April to discuss external tools requirements.

-- DanaBalser - 2015-03-17
Topic revision: r4 - 2015-03-20, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback