Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 10 November 2016

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 17A
    • TAC Reports/Disposition Letters (Dana)
    • Science Programs (Dana)
    • eNews Article (Lewis)
  • 17B
    • PST (Rick, Dana)
    • SRP Recruitment (Mark C, Dave)
    • TAC Recruitment (Lewis)
  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, MarkClaussen, GustaafVanMoorsel, BryanButler, ToneyMinter, GarethHunt, DanaBalser, LewisBall

  • 17A
    • TAC Reports/Disposition Letters. All is ready to go. The procedure is: DanaBalser will publish the VLA and VLBA TAC reports; ToneyMinter and MarkClaussen will send GBT and VLBA disposition emails, and when the VLBA is done BarryClark will send VLA disposition emails. There was some discussion on when to set the public bit. We agreed to do this after a couple of days when we port the disposition letters to the PST. RickLively will work with ToneyMinter to do this for the GBT.
    • Science Programs. DanaBalser will craft these for the VLA and VLBA, and ToneyMinter will take care of the GBT.
    • eNews Article. LewisBall will send around a draft article that includes the GBT, VLBA, and VLA to the TTA group. We need to confirm with KarenONeil and WalterBrisken if it is okay to include the GBT and VLBA in this article. He will check with MarkAdams about the timing of the news article.
  • 17B
    • PST. RickLively is making good progress and should have a release for DanaBalser by early next week. Some of the account items, which will be tested by GarethHunt, will be completed a bit later.
    • SRP Recruitment. Some discussion about overall recruitment. The goal is to increase the number of female SRP members. LewisBall noted the acceptance of an external female scientist to help with recruitment. We agreed that it might be useful to have a meeting early next week to discuss procedures. There was some discussion about how best to recruit (e.g., via email versus in person) and weighed some of the advantages and disadvantages. ToneyMinter suggested in future semesters we could use the AUI booth to solicit suggestions from the community (especially for female reviewers).
    • TAC Recruitment. We discussed possible candidates from the current SRP chairs to be the TAC chair. We agreed that the person would have to chair the TAC in person. We can up with a list of a few and LewisBall will contact the first on the list soon.
  • AOB
    • GBO/LBO Affiliations. GarethHunt asks whether he should just move former NRAO staff to GBO/LBO affiliations in the account system or ask staff to do it themselves. We agree that he should just do it. He will confer with ToneyMinter for the GBO list.
    • Metrics. In regards to increasing the fraction of female reviewers there is a brief discussion about the fraction of female users at the observatories. GarethHunt estimates 20-30%. LewisBall notes we still should set a goal of 30% for the fraction of female SRP members.

-- DanaBalser - 2016-11-08
Topic revision: r3 - 2016-11-10, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback