Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 04 February 2016

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 16B
    • Postmortem (All)
    • Release Proposals for Review
      • GMVA/AGN Review (Tim, Dana, Mark, Toney)
      • SRP Recruitment (Mark C., Tim)
      • Assign Technical Reviewers (Mark C., Toney)
      • Vet Science Categories (Dana, Mark C.)
      • PST Review Items (Dana, Mark C., Rick, Jen)

  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, JenPlank, MarkClaussen, HeidiMedlin, ToneyMinter, DavidFrayer, DanaBalser, GarethHunt, JessicaUtley, TimBastian

  • 16B
    • Postmortem. Defer to next week.
    • Release Proposals for Review
      • GMVA/AGN Review. Because the VLA is at A-config and there were many GMVA proposals, likely due to the inclusion of ALMA, we had 82 proposals in the AGN SRP. This is too many. The plan is to form an ad hoc review panel for the GMVA/AGN proposals. This will consist of 3 internal and 2 external reviewers. We will add these to the AGN panel and ask that they only review the GMVA proposals. The current AGN SRP members will review the remaining proposals. We will then process the proposals as usual except there will be no telecon or adjustments for the GMVA proposals. (We may need to revisit this point.) We will check the distribution of scores before and after the telecon. If possible we will add a new filter "non GMVA". We need to craft some documentation for the GMVA/AGN reviewers.
      • SRP Recruitment. We have one vacancy to fill for SFM.
      • Assign Technical Reviewers. The import/export button works well. We need to trap cases where the reviewer is on the proposal. In the future we should explore if the copy reviewer button works properly.
      • Vet Science Categories. A few categories were changed but not enough to make any significant difference in the numbers.
      • PST Review Items. These should be all set. RickLively will check that the format produced by the Export Conflicts button is the same as the format produced by the Export Panel Reviews button. He will try to add the new "non GMVA" filter if possible.
      • SRP Telecon. JessicaUtley summarized the status of the Telecon scheduling. Three SRPs have all responded to the Doodle poll. Most of the members for the remaining SRPs have responded. Some issues with the EGS panel, as one member is only available for one day. The small number of proposals, however, means we probably only need one telecon and therefore may be able to accommodate this constraint. In the future we might want to emphasize availability during the telecon window; though this may make it harder to recruit reviewers.

-- DanaBalser - 2016-02-03
Topic revision: r2 - 2016-02-04, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback