Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 4 December 2014

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 15A
    • NRAO eNews article/science program (Joan)

  • 15B
    • CfP Schedule (All)
    • Timeline (Dana)
    • PST Testing (Dana, Rick, Jen)
    • SRP recruitment (Mark/Dave)
    • TAC recruitment (Tim)
    • Helpdesk (Heidi, Gustaaf)

  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, JenPlank, HeidiMedlin, MarkClaussen, MeriStanley, ClaireChandler, RickAn, JoanWrobel, GustaafVanMoorsel, DanaBalser, ToneyMInter, GarethHunt, TimBastian

  • 15A
    • NRAO eNews article/science program. JoanWrobel reported that the science program was ready and the eNews article would be sent today (and indeed it has been sent).

  • 15B
    • CfP Schedule. We agreed to the proposal by MarkAdams. The 15B CfP template has been populated with the 15A version. We will complete the 15B CfP text by COB, Friday, 26 December 2015. MarkAdams will send out an email to our users on Friday, 2 January 2015 pointing to the 15 CfP link. This email will be short and be a copy of the email sent to the AAS for their newsletter. GarethHunt will send DavisMurphy an updated version of the PST email list to merge with his current users email list.
    • Timeline. DanaBalser proposed a 15B timeline. The TTA group should send him any comments or conflicts.
    • PST Testing.
      • General Testing. GustaafVanMoorsel and MarkClaussen have performed some testing. No major issues so far. MarkClaussen will continue his testing. We need more testing on the GBT resources.
      • Proposal PDF. The new PDF generation is now on webtest. Initial feedback is positive. Others should give it a try and give feedback to DanaBalser. The Print Preview page will be removed. We agreed that this was okay but if users really complained we could bring it back.
    • SRP recruitment. MarkClaussen reported that we still have several people to recruit and he is waiting for replies from several requests. MarkClaussen will send an email to the scientific staff asking for recommendations and volunteers. We can use the AAS meeting to recruit if necessary but it would be good to have all positions filled by then if possible.
    • TAC recruitment. TimBastian reported that there was one hole to fill.
    • Helpdesk. HeidiMedlin and GustaafVanMoorsel proposed to add a new helpdesk department for telescope scheduling. We agreed to add one for the VLA and one for the VLBA. The GBT will continue to use a different helpdesk for scheduling.

  • AOB
    • Joint Opportunities. TimBastian noted that we plan to continue to have reciprocal agreements with HST and Swift. We may add Chandra.
    • Proposal Helpdesk. ToneyMInter suggested that we add the telescope in the helpdesk for proposals. GustaafVanMoorsel will follow up on this request.
    • External TAC. BarryClark suggested we add the external telescope TAC meeting date to the wiki. DanaBalser will add this info.

-- DanaBalser - 2014-11-24
Topic revision: r7 - 2014-12-04, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback