Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 01 December 2016

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-317/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

Minutes

Attending: BarryClark, RickLively, MarkClaussen, HeidiMedlin, BryanButler, ToneyMinter, GarethHunt, DanaBalser, LewisBall

  • 17A. Essentially done with this semester. ToneyMinter and RickLively were able to push disposition letters/time to the PST and update the public bit for the GBT. The NRAO eNews will go out on 15 Dec, the GBO eNews will go out before the AAS, and the LBO eNews will go out in the next few weeks.
  • 17B
    • Timeline. No major issues. Folks will look again and confirm by the next TTA meeting. DanaBalser will send timeline to TAC chair for confirmation.
    • CfP. BryanButler reported that good progress is being made on the VLA. There was some discussion about using the 17B version of the PHT to generate the pressure plot but the current version should be fine. The VLA should be done before the 19 Dec deadline. ToneyMinter reported that the GBT is gearing up to put the call together. They should not require any help from DavisMurphy. MarkClaussen reported that they have been working hard on the VLBA call and are in good shape. He will communicate with DavisMurphy on any further tasks required. GarethHunt noted that since ALMA will be included with the GMVA for 17B would we have a similar problem with too many proposals in AGN. It may not be quite as bad since the VLA will be offering B-configuration. But we should discuss contingency plans. At the moment it seems adding an ad hoc new panel, as we did last time, is the best approach given the state of the software.
    • PST. RickLively and DanaBalser have iterated on the main 17B items and they should be ready for general testing by the end of the week. MarkClaussen is providing some input and GarethHunt is currently testing the account tickets.
    • SRP Recruitment. MarkClaussen reports that the external recruiter has provided a nice list of names and he has started the process. He will email DavidFrayer and JayLockman about their progress.
    • TAC Recruitment. LewisBall asked for any good candidates on the existing SFM and NGA SRPs to fill the chair vacancies. MarkClaussens does not think so but will ask DavidFrayer as well. He will look back at past semesters for possible candidates since it is difficult to come in cold.

-- DanaBalser - 2016-11-30
Topic revision: r3 - 2016-12-01, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback