Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 30 April 2020

Logistics

NRAO Zoom 05

Agenda

  • 20B
    • TAC Postmortem (Dana)
    • Directors' Review
      • Logistics (Dana)
      • GBT Info (Toney)
      • VLA Info (Amy)
      • VLBA Info (Mark C.)
      • Metrics (Anand)
  • 21A
    • PST CfP Ticket Status (Rick, Lorant)
    • SRP Solicitation Newsletter (Mark C.)
    • SRP/TAC Recruitment (Mark C., Amy, Dale)
  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: DanaBalser, AnandCrossley, ToneyMinter, RickLively, LorantSjouwerman, EmmanuelMomjian, HeidiMedlin, AmyMioduszewski, BarryClark, MarkClaussen, GarethHunt

  • 20B
    • TAC Postmortem. DanaBalser summarized the issues from the TAC.
      • Size of AGN SRP: Two isues: (1) needed more time for SRP telecon; and (2) too many proposals for the chair to recall during the TAC meeting. The AGN chair suggested we have two chairs within the one panel. At the TTA meeting we discussed whether or not we needed to formally have two chairs in the software. This caused problems in the past but RickLively thought we should be able to fix this in the PST. MarkClaussen noted that dividing the AGN into two panels woudl be cleaner. This would increase the total number of panels to 10 which would make scheduling more difficult. RickLively said that from a software perspective adding a chair would be easier than creating two new panels. AmyMioduszewski suggested we could redefine the AGN SRP to move proposals to other panels. Not clear how best to do this.
      • Proposal Formatting: The TAC suggested we automatically reject proposals that do not meet our formatting guidelines. RickLively will investigate. We have older libraries but we may be able to update them to include this functionality. EmmanuelMomjian noted that some authors will have a smaller font size for references and how will the software work under these circumstances. LorantSjouwerman suggested we provide an area to cut/paste text and use word counts. This would not allow authors to craft the scientific justification in their own way with figures, etc.
      • Conflict of Interest: The TAC would like more concise conflict of interest guidelines, especially for the boundary between hard and soft conflicts. DanaBalser will review the current language.
      • Dual-Anonymous Reviews: The TAC inquired about how we would evaluate the team's ability to carry out the observations and dissertation projects. Our plans are for the TAC to handle any evaluation of people since the proposals are not anonymous at the TAC stage.
      • X-proposals: The TAC felt that we do not necessarily need a separate process but we do need a separate proposal class. The TTA group had differing opinons on this as does the community.
    • Directors' Review
      • Logistics. DanaBalser reported that the Directors' Review will be on 6 May 2020 at 10:00-13:00 EDT (08:00-11:00 MDT) via Zoom.
      • GBT Info. ToneyMinter has sent all materials to DanaBalser.
      • VLA Info. AmyMioduszewski said she was almost done but is waiting on the RSRO meeting scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. She will send a pressure plot and give the PHT version to use.
      • VLBA Info. MarkClaussen reported that he should be done by tomorrow.
      • Metrics. AnandCrossley has already sent the external TAC, GMVA, and new users data to DanaBalser. Sometime today he will send plots on the fraction of US PIs. He is still working on fixing the proposal metrics for semesters 13A-15A. The total counts will be ready for the Director's review but more work needs to be done to determine the breakdown in priority (A, B, C, and N). AnandCrossley has a GBO web service to determine these for the GBT and will work with RickLivey to fix the VLA/VLBA.
  • 21A
    • PST CfP Ticket Status. RickLively reported that the development starts tomorrow (1 May 2020), but the GBT Large proposal ticket is almost completed and should be ready for testing early next week. We are still on schedule to release testing for the other tickets by mid-May. LorantSjouwerman noted that he had not heard of any delay in the 21A CfP and therefore he plans to follow the current software timeline. DanaBalser agreed with this approach.
    • SRP Solicitation Newsletter. MarkClaussen shared the text used before to solicit reviewers in the Newsletter. He will confirm with DaleFrail and then submit this to MarkAdams for the Newsletter.
    • SRP/TAC Recruitment. MarkClaussen summarized the recruitement needed for 21A.
      • EGS - 2 reviewers needed.
      • AGN - 3 reviewers needed.
      • NGA - 1 reviewer needed.
      • HIZ - 1 reviewer needed.
      • SSP - 2 reviewers needed and Chair. If the chair is promoted from within the SRP, then a third reviewer would be needed.
      • ISM - 1 reviewer needed.
      • SFM - 1 reviewer needed.
      • GWT - 1 reviewer needed.
      • PCO - 1 reviewer needed.
  • AOB
    • VLA Configurations: LorantSjouwerman querried if we needed help from SRP members to handle the reivew of the increase in DDT proposals due to the delay in changing the VLA configuration. AmyMioduszewski said we will recruit help from within the observatory.

-- DanaBalser - 2020-04-27
Topic revision: r6 - 2020-04-30, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback