Science. DanaBalser reported that the deadline has been relaxed for three SRPs, but otherwise everything is going okay.
Technical. MarkClaussen reported that some VLA/VLBA/GMVA reviews are still not complete but no major known issues. ToneyMinter reported that he was not certain when the GBT reviews would be completed as the flu has hit the observatory. DanaBalser and MarkClaussen will fetch the list of GBT and HSA/GMVA proposals using the GBT, respectively, for the SRPs starting next Wedensday and Thursday. In principle, we could prioritize these.
SRP Telecons. DanaBalser reported that the telescons are all scheduled with both administrative and technical support.
PHT Items. AmyMioduszewski reported that the last PHT ticket was completed. RickLively will release the PHT to production sometime next week.
EVN (Global) Legacy Programs. MarkClaussen summarized the main issues. The EVN would like the NRAO/GBO to participate in the global component of their legacy program. Three main issues were raised (see below). There were two action items: (1) DanaBalser will ask Anand to provide us with the hours observed on the VLBA, VLA, and GBT per year for the global vlbi external proposals; and (2) NRAO and GBO managment needs to decide if there are any constraints to the time allowed.
Do we restrict the time available for the VLBA, VLA, and GBT? There was some confusion whether NRAO/GBO time for global vlbi would increase with legacy programs, but we need to decide if we want to limit this time.
Do we offer time on the VLBA, VLA, and GBT for every EVN call (Feb 1, Jun 1, Oct 1)? It was suggested we only accept Legacy proposals on the Feb 1 deadline. This would align with the new annual period for GBT Large proposals. But this may limit the science proposed on NRAO/GBO proposals.
How do we review these Legacy proposals? It was generally agreed that we should have more than one NRAO/GBO reviewwer for Legacy proposals and that having our normal SRP/TAC review these proposals w.r.t. other proposals would be useful. But doing this offline is painful (e.g., X-proposals). We are already asking the SRP/TAC to do a lot. One suggestion was to force the PI to submit an NRAO/GBO proposal which could in principle go through the review stages.
X-Proposals:DaleFrail summarized the status of X-proposals. The PIs were informed of our decision. No feedback thus far. We are working internally to form the list of questions for the next stage.