Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 15 February 2018

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-152/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 18B
    • Science Reviews (Dana)
    • Technical Reviews (Mark C., Toney)
    • Source Conflicts (Barry)
    • PHT Requirements (Amy, Barry, Mark C.)
    • Directors' Review (Dana)
  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: DanaBalser, JaredCrossley, GarethHunt, BarryClark, RickLively, LorantSjouwerman, HeidiMedlin, AmyMioduszewski, MarkClaussen, ToneyMinter

  • 18B
    • Science Reviews.
      • Assign Reviews. DanaBalser reported that only the EGS, ETP, and HIZ chairs have assigned reviewers. He has followed up with the other chairs via email. The HIZ chair had problems manually assigning reviews which may be related to his browser. There were no issues when we tested this on webtest and another chair had no problems. He was able to use the file export/import with no issues.
      • SRP Telecons. JessicaUtley has scheduled 5 of 8 SRPs. Two SRPs have members who have not replied to the Doodle polls yet, and another cannot find a time in the telecon window. We agreed that it would be okay to extend the SRP telecon window into the next week. The schedulers felt that there would probably still be enough time before the Large proposal telecon.
      • Large Proposal Telecon. We discussed whether this telecon was necessary with only 5 Large proposals. There probably should be some discussion with the VLA proposal (which is both Large and Triggered), and one of the GBT proposals (which is partly Sponsored and open sky). It was suggested that we might want to discuss the Triggered proposals at the Large proposal telecon. We agreed to be flexible and at the very least discuss the Triggered proposals internally. Also, we need to have a more general discussion about how best to handle Triggered proposals in the future. GarethHunt noted that we need a way to distinguish between Sponsored and Open Sky hours. ToneyMinter will give these a different ID. They wrote one proposal instead of two since the science case was coupled between these requested times (about 300 hr Open Sky).
    • Technical Reviews. ToneyMinter and MarkClaussen reported that progress is being made on the technical reviews. There were some software issues where two technical reviewers could not see the reviews. RickLively expects there was a typo in the file that imports the reviewers as there is not very good error checking in the code. He will add this to a JIRA ticket to clean this up next semester. BarryClark suggested that we communicate to the SRP that they should look at the technical reviews; maybe ask the Secondary to do this job. This led to a larger discussion about how technical reviews should be processed. That is, should this be addressed by the SRP or the TAC. Currently we have a cue in the consensus comments about technical issues affecting the ranking or recommended time. DanaBalser will discuss this further with LewisBall.
    • Source Conflicts. BarryClark will produce the source conflicts.
    • PHT Requirements. RickLively will start to organize the tickets this week (JIRA was broken last week). He will send out an email to AmyMioduszewski, BarryClark, ToneyMinter, and GarethHunt with a link to JIRA. AmyMioduszewski will prioritize the list with help from the others. RickLively noted that there may be issues with the PHT due to some work on Lustre. He will inform us of any potential problems.
    • Directors' Review. We need to reschedule the Directors' review which is currently scheduled for 14 May. The synthesis imaging workshop starts 16 May and the GB school starts 19 May. It is difficult to move the review earlier so it appears the best option is 15 May. The following week is worse.

-- DanaBalser - 2018-02-09
Topic revision: r5 - 2018-02-15, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback