Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 09 November 2017

Logistics

CV-331/AOC-152/GB-bsm, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 18A
    • Directors' Review (Dana, Lewis)
    • TAC Report/Disposition Letters (Dana)
  • 18B
    • PST Status (Rick, Jim, Dana)
    • Session-less PST Test Plan (Dana)
    • SRP/TAC Recruitment (Mark C., Lewis)
  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: DanaBalser, LewisBall, GarethHunt, BarryClark, RickLively, JamesSheckard, MarkClaussen, HeidiMedlin, AmyMioduszewski, LorantSjouwerman, BryanButler

  • 18A
    • Directors' Review. No major issues at the Directors' Review and no changes to the recommendations from the TAC. One science review panel revisited one proposal and changed the recommendation from rejection to filler time. DanaBalser will inform the TAC chair of this update. LewisBall summarized the action items from the meeting.
    • TAC Report/Disposition Letters. The plan is to make the TAC report public and send out the disposition letters on Monday, 13 November. Drafts of the NRAO, GBO, and LBO TAC reports are ready for review. ToneyMinter reported that he will be ready to send out disposition letters on Monday. MarkClaussen reported that he should be ready for the LBO on Monday. The HSA meeting was today and he will fold in this information. BarryClark will start working on these today for the NRAO and should be ready on Monday. The SRP comments for three proposals required modification. ToneyMinter has already modified one. DanaBalser is waiting for updates on the other two. He will remind the respective SRP chairs. DanaBalser will check with JimBraatz on the date for the student observing support applications.
  • 18B
    • PST Status. RickLively reported that all of the critical items plus a few of the second tier items are ready for testing. DanaBalser has provided comments on most of these. There was some discussion on these specific items:
      • SSA-3777 Old SUBMITTED Proposals can be edited. We agreed that PST admins should be able to edit submitted proposals. This is useful since there are sometimes bad characters in the abstract that need to be changed. Regular users, however, should not be allowed to make any changes. DanaBalser reported that as a PST admin there was different behavior between different telescopes. He will confirm that this is the case.
      • SSA-3787 ECT: confusion limit warning only triggering on rep. frequency change. This ticket is old and several items have already been fixed. MarkClaussen performed some tests to confirm this but he will have a closer look and report any pending issues.
      • SSA-4226 GOST: more than 8+8 subbands in 8-bit should be designated Shared risk. LorantSjouwerman will check this item.
      • Frequency Averaging. BryanButler reported that there may be one additional item for the PST: include frequency averaging in the VLA resources. He will check the PST to see if this is necessary. It should be minor. This should only be offered for continuum and therefore should not require any changes to GOST.
    • Session-less PST Test Plan. DanaBalser summarized the current plan. In the middle of November we will start testing the main interface. DanaBalser will perform some initial testing and then hand it over for more general testing that will be led by ToneyMinter (GBT), MarkClaussen (VLBA), and LorantSjouwerman (VLA). The goal is to have some feedback by the middle of December. We also need to test the generation of Sessions. To accommodate software downstream of the PST there are requirements to generate Sessions. DanaBalser will initially generate a set of proposals for each telescope based on the Use Cases generated in the software requirements. These will be used to test the software downstream of the PST (e.g, PHTs).
    • SRP/TAC Recruitment. MarkClaussen reported that he has started the process but has not made much progress. For SRPs that have four vacancies he plans to ask several to stay longer so the turnover is not so large. AmyMioduszewski has no updates on her end. LewisBall reported that the ETP SRP has already been filled and that the AGN SRP agreed to stay on another two semesters. So there are no TAC vacancies. He also reported that we plan to allow people to self-nominate to be a reviewer and will send draft text to the recruiters for comment. BrianMason suggested clarification in the definition of the NGA and HIZ SRP categories. DanaBalser will create a ticket on Monday unless there are any reasons not to proceed. Here are the changes:
      • OLD: "NGA - Galaxies (continuum), groups, clusters: disk emission; star formation; magnetic fields; galactic winds; starbursts; intracluster emission."
      • PROPOSED NEW: "NGA - Galaxies (continuum), including galaxies in groups & clusters: disk emission; star formation; magnetic fields; galactic winds; starbursts; intracluster emission & ICM astrophysics."
      • OLD” HIZ - High redshift and source surveys: High-z objects; extragalactic source surveys; galaxy formation; gravitational lenses; CMB; early universe
      • PROPOSED NEW: "HIZ - High redshift and source surveys: High-z objects; extragalactic source surveys; galaxy formation; gravitational lenses; large-scale structure & clusters (as cosmological probes); CMB; early universe.”

-- DanaBalser - 2017-11-08

Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
pstRequirements.pdfpdf pstRequirements.pdf manage 113 K 2017-11-09 - 14:11 DanaBalser Session-less PST Software Requriements
Topic revision: r2 - 2017-11-09, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback