Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 09 May 2019

Logistics

CV-331/SO-152/GB-137, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

Minutes

Attending: DanaBalser, GarethHunt, LewisBall, ToneyMinter, AmyMioduszewski, MarkClaussen, RickLively, BarryClark, LorantSjouwerman, BryanButler

  • 19B
    • Directors' Review. No changes to the proposal dispositions were made at the Directors' Review.
    • TAC Report/Disposition Letters. MarkClaussen reported that he forgot to update the status of one VLBA proposal before the Directors' Review. He will send DanaBalser the updated stats and pressure plot. DanaBalser will draft the NRAO TAC report which will include the VLA and VLBA. The plan is to send the disposition letters on 16 May 2019 around noon. There appear to be no issues for the VLA (AmyMioduszewski, BarryClark), VLBA (MarkClaussen), or GBT (ToneyMinter). MarkClaussen will need to update the boiler plate text for the VLBA since the LBO has been merged back into the NRAO.
  • 20A
    • PST CfP Requirements. RickLively has created an epic JIRA ticket (SSA-5570) for the 20A CfPs. Please review to make sure nothing is missing. MarkClaussen will review SSA-4738 which involves the GST calculation. This is an older ticket but recently additional issues with the GST calculation have been noticed.
  • Post-TAC Thoughts. Below are suggestions made by BarryClark that were reviewed during the TTA meeting.
    1. Triggered Proposals: We agreed to change the documentation to say that if a Triggered proposal is approved then the authors may invoke a Trigger during the stated semesters and then follow up a detection at the requested intervals which may then extend into the following semesters. DanaBalser and MarkClaussen will search for documentation on Triggered proposals; MarkClaussen will draft some text.
    2. Large Proposal Data Management: We considered whether to reveal the plan in the proposal finder tool (PFT). We agreed that we should capture this info in the database and consider this with the comments from the TAC when developing requirements.
    3. Future Semesters: We agreed that the TAC should be flexible on deciding whether to allocate time in future semesters. We have included a ticket (SSA-5579) to add a textbox about future semesters to provide the TAC with additional information for these decisions.
    4. Triggered Proposals (Priority Assignment): We agreed to add documentation and to the SRP instructions that the panel should feel free to assign different priorities for the initial triggered observation and follow up observations. We considered adding a technical justification textbox to allow the authors to justify the importance of a fast trigger.
    5. PHT and Fixed Date Priority: We agreed to add a fixed date priority (e.g., F) that would trump any priority A proposals, but if the observation do not occur then we would not perform the observations. AmyMioduszewski will create a ticket.
  • AOB
    • 20A CfP HSA: BryanButler noted that we plan to include HSA/Y27 time as precommitted in the VLA pressure plots for the call.
    • PHT Metrics: We briefly discussed the need to better define the metrics in the PHT. This will likely not happen for the current tools suite but is planned for the new software.

-- DanaBalser - 2019-05-08
Topic revision: r2 - 2019-05-09, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback