Thursday, 9 am MT, 11 am ET, 09 August 2018

Logistics

CV-331/SO-317/GB-137, 331 Hub 192.33.117.12##6519 Audio 434-817-6286

Agenda

  • 19A
    • Postmortem (All)
    • Release Proposals for Review (Rick, Mark C., Toney, Dana)
    • SRP Telescons (JJ, Dana)
    • PHT Requirements (Amy, Barry, Mark C.)
  • PHT Requested/Available Time (Bryan, Barry, Amy, Rick)
  • AOB

Minutes

Attending: DanaBalser, LewisBall, GarethHunt, ToneyMinter, HeidiMedlin, RickLively, AmyMioduszewski, MarkClaussen, LorantSjouwerman, BarryClark

  • 19A
    • Postmortem.
      • PST Tickets: There were 20 PST helpdesk tickets that mostly involved clarification and details about the resources. Below were some technical issues summarized by DanaBalser and LorantSjouwerman. DanaBalser will create JIRA tickets if they do not already exist.
        • 12401: A leading space created problems when importing sources.
        • 12517: There was a problem with the HSA button for the VLBA. MarkClaussen will check that this is not a problem for the GMVA.
        • 12449: There was a problem saving text in the Technical Justification box. This happens intermittently and we have not been able to track down this problem.
        • 12469: There may be a problem with the validation code that checks that the expected elevation, calculated from the source position and specified LST range, is larger than the minimum elevation. One proposal received a PST validation warning, but the LST range seemed reasonable given the source positions.
        • 12488: There was a problem with the VLA pulsar resource validation that checks to make sure the dump time is larger than the pulse period. Appears to be a unit issue.
      • Account Tickets: GarethHunt reported that we received 66 account helpdesk tickets. About a dozen were related to login issues and between 10-15 were for new institutions. RickLively reported a request from Socorro to make modifications in the PST concerning global IDs. They create user observer IDs based on the PST global ID (GID + 20000). With over 10000 GIDs in the PST database we are getting close to a few GIDs. (See JIRA ticket SSA-4842.)
    • Release Proposals for Review. The release was delayed by about 1.5 days. There were three problems. (1) An issue when assigning the technical reviews where they were missing from the My Reviews page. This occurred primarily for the VLA but also the VLBA and GBT. It may have been related to the server timing out. (2) The new technical justification review cues were not present. (3) The complete review dialog box was not working. Items (2) and (3) were testing and working so it was not clear what broke these items during the release.
    • SRP Telescons. DanaBalser reported for JessicaUtley that the telescons schedule is almost finalized. There will be a lot of overlap. LewisBall has requested help for JessicaUtley from the ALMA DAs to administer the telecons. MarkClaussen,, AmyMioduszewski, and BarryClark will help DanaBalser to cover the technical support.
    • PHT Requirements. AmyMioduszewski will organize the prioritization of the PHT tickets. RickLively will create a 19A PHT filter in JIRA.
  • PHT Requested/Available Time.
    1. We have converged on the requirements which are summarized in a JIRA ticket.
    2. In 19A, we will update the PHT to properly calculate the requested time. This will allow DanaBalser to update the metrics for past semesters. We will handle the ANY configuration proposals as we did in 18B.
    3. In 19B, we will update the PST/PHT to more gracefully deal with the ANY configuration proposals.

-- DanaBalser - 2018-08-02
Topic revision: r4 - 2018-08-09, DanaBalser
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback