NRAO Interactive Services Modification Request 2 S1 2012
Misc. changes to the system.
- PST/CV Connection Issues DanaBalser will coordinate with DavidHalstead and OpenSky to investigate connection problems between my.nrao.edu and CV/GB during the last two deadlines. Some preliminary load tests were performed on 9 September 2011. We need to follow-up on these tests before the next deadline.
- Student Support Page The third item is to list other related awards in a text box. Please change the current title of "Other Related Awards:" to "Please list for the SOS award requester only all current and pending awards (NSF/NASA/other). Provide the amount, role (PI or CoI), funding agency, title, and period of performance for each award." Or if the new title is too long then please add this text somewhere on the editing page to provide users with more information.
- Science Category Descriptions JoanWrobel will provide updates to the descriptions of a few science categories.
- NGA - Galaxies (continuum), groups, clusters: disk emission; star formation; magnetic fields; galactic winds; starbursts; intracluster emission
- EGS - Galaxies (line): galaxy structure; galaxy kinematics and dynamics; galaxy chemistry; gas in galaxies
- AGN - Active galactic nuclei: Seyferts; low-luminosity AGN; H2O megamasers; radio galaxies; blazars; quasars/QSOs; environmental interactions
- Proposal resubmission Add information on the General page that indicates this is a proposal that has previously been submitted. After "Related Proposals" add the following text: "Has this same proposal been submitted previously?" with the options "Yes" or "No". (Dana, can we ask that the previously submitted version be marked somehow in the Related Proposals list?) -- Defer this item until next cycle (dsb)
- Proposal Validation Text When validating a proposal that has no warnings but only information the text says: "Proposal Validated but has Information". Please change this text to "Proposal is valid. The text above is only for your information."
- NRAO Logo Please update the NRAO logo on the browser tab. For example, the updated logo in displayed on the General page but on the browser tab is the old NRAO logo.
- Sorting by Last Name When sorting by PI name we should sort by last name instead of first name.
- Multiple Users Follow up on the helpdesk ticket (KCS-532739) that Bryan Butler sent about adding an author when there are multiple users with the same name.
- User Profile For some account profiles the user (e.g., Mr.) is not selected and this caused problems when displaying the name. Bryan Butler noticed this with his account. Sorry, I did not fully understand the details but you can ask Bryan.
- No Reply When we send email to users (e.g., the email sent when a proposal has been submitted) please change the sender address to "firstname.lastname@example.org" or something equivalent so that we do not get any replies.
- Copying Proposals We had several issues with copying proposals. One was that we did not validate properly for several GBT resources that were removed (e.g. GASP). The second was that we used the user affiliation on the copied proposal instead of the current profile when the author was added. I think you may have fixed these but just in case I list this item.
- Stub Accounts The current NRAO policy is that users can add authors to a proposal who are not registered at my.nrao.edu. The new policy is that all authors must be registered to be added to an NRAO proposal. Therefore, no more stub accounts. So we need to change the Authors page in at least two places:
- When an author search returns no matches. Remove the template to add an author. Only the following text should now be displayed: "The author you are trying to add is not in the database. NRAO requires that all authors be registered at my.nrao.edu before they can be included on a proposal."
- When an author search returns valid matches but the author in question is not listed. Remove the option "Not On The List" and change the comments to the following:
Notes: Please select an author to add to your proposal
(1) If author is not listed please contact them to register at my.nrao.edu. An author must be
registered to be included on an NRAO proposal.
(2) If author is observing for thesis use the "Thesis" checkbox.
(3) Even if author's information is incorrect please continue to add the author to your proposal.
(4) Once the author is added click on their name to view options to:
EMAIL the author to ask them to edit their user profile if it is incorrect; or
UPDATE the author information from their user profile.
(5) NRAO requires each individual author to maintain their information.
One author cannot modify other author's incorrect information.
Technical lead should provide a brief description of how this will be implemented in the code.
5. Deployment Checklist
Documentation? Systems/hardware/networking things needed for deployment?
6. Test Plan
6.1 Internal Testing
6.3 Integration/Regression Tests
: I acknowledge that my request is fully contained in this MR, and if the Open Sky (or other NIS or PST developers) deliver exactly what I specified, I will be happy.
: I acknowledge that I have validated the completed code according to the acceptance tests, and I am happy with the results.
|| - - - - -
|| - - - - -
| Approved by Scientific Sponsor
|| - - - - -
| Accepted/Delivered by Sponsor
|| - - - - -
%X% if MR is not complete (will display )
%Y% if MR iscomplete (will display )