This wiki contains developer documentation for Crossmatch, the NRAO source-catalog cross-identification Web application.
Go to the Crossmatch home page
with scientific oversight from
Crossmatch acquires data using the
Simple Cone Search
protocol. Crossmatch employs the VO API
for a user interface, and also makes use of
This wiki is an extension of the user documentation at CrossmatchDocumentation
A slide show explaining how Crossmatch works is available here
Crossmatch is no longer under development.
This page will remain as a reference for any developers who wish to continue development or learn more about the application.
Crossmatch source code can be downloaded here
. An installation of VOView
will be required. An export of the VOView (and dependent package, net_nvo) source code is available here
The To-do List
This list of improvements is roughly sorted from highest to lowest priority.
- Add links to the table.
- Add links to each table row that take the user to that data in the telescope archive. Use the table data to construct these links, if possible.
- Add links to take the user to an image corresponding to this data row.
- Think of a way to "collapse" partially-redundant rows so that rows that contain all the same data elements will not take up so many rows. This would help the user work through the table data.
- Improve server-side exception handling. An exception should never return a stack trace to the user. It should return an HTML document with an error message and a optional link to view/toggle the stack trace. Currently, if not all fields are filled in, CM returns an exception to the user.
- Increase interactivity between display windows.
- Add JS form validation to the query page.
- To speed up server response time, I could implement caching. For example, I could use MemCached.
- Use django or some automated script to add more SCS services to the list of services to query. Show the "primary" SCS services by default, and include a button to optionally turn on an extended list.
- Doug Tody: Update the VLA Observation Summary catalog service to include appropriate FIELD metadata (UCDs and units) using the info about the Obs Summary output provided by John Benson.