CasaCore Namespace: CasaCore changed over to using its own namespace, casacore, rather than the shared one, casa. The change was done months ago but a hack (#define casacore casa) was provided to keep from breaking CasaCore users such as CASA. Ger wants so remove the hack so that CasaCore will truly reside in its own namespace. The CASA projects code, gcwrap and asap will require modification to allow them to build with the CasaCore namespace. A script can be constructed which will effectively add a "using namespace casacore" directive to all of our .cc files. Initially, the change will have little effect, but as CasaCore evolves, the independence of the separate namespaces will remove the chances for collisions with CASA and other users from seemingly backwards-compatible modifications to CasaCore (e.g., adding a new class to CasaCore such as Calibrater, etc.).
Redundant Typedefs As part of the CasaCore namespace conversion, the use of CASA's own names for standard types (e.g., Bool, Int, etc.) has come into question. Does anyone know of any problem with replacing those types with the standard ones? String is a special case, since it bundles together a lot of functionality relative to std::string. Others such as Complex (= std::complex) are probably handy since they shorten things.
(CAS-5407) immath should reorder degenerate axes: Assigned for input because implicitly reordering axes of images seems heavy handed, and judging from past CSSC recommendations on immath, seems like is more than that is likely wanted by them.
(CAS-7087) Parent ticket for UVFits Bug Fixes for 4.5 Cycle: Assigned to Mark for management as I am currently not assigned to any of the remaining open tickets.
Reimplemented image name extraction from LEL expression method to avoid using C++11 regex functionality which fails on RHEL5 because that version of gcc doesn't fully support C++11 regex.
Worked with Ville (thanks Ville!) to install development environment on my new Macbook. I can build casa from scratch in under 20 minutes on it, which I believe is a new personal record.
(CAS-7913) Fix MSMetaData::getScansForTimes on OSX: Submitted pull request to fix segfault on Mac. Later was told a comment was required in the code to clarify what I did, but by that time I had moved on and was immersed in something completely different. So, if the current state of the code isn't good enough to be merged, it will have to wait until I'm once again back in that file as switching context to add a single comment simply is too expensive from a productivity point of view.
(CAS-5688) Performance improvement for ia.modify(): Much work trying to understand how this is implemented. For the use case given, there are of order 10 billion unnecessary sqrt and asin calculations being done, so I have to work out a much more efficient implementation.
More ALMA Poln support
NRAO "Space Morning" at Parkview Elementary School
New cookbook edits
Got my RH6 build working
Began calibration code survey, for testing, deprecation, etc.
Finished inline docs for tclean (and responses to feedback from CB)
Fixed bug in iteration control
Worked on chapters for synthesis imaging book
Worked on the issue that an input cube mask not correctly resampled in some cases (CAS-7899). Casacore's ImageRegrid using it directly seems to have the issue. By replacing it with ImageRegridder solved the issue in some cases, but not all. Work continue to make it work generally.
Fixed a bug in uvcontsub's excludechans (CAS-7888)
Fixed doxygen.cfg so the c++ documentation can be built properly