Monday Morning Meeting DATE

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jim, Susan, Lindsey, George, Rob, Jeff, Pam, Kumar, Tak,
  • CV: Andy, Mark, Darrell, Dave
  • Garching: Dirk, Sandra, Justo
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

Build, Release, Testing

  • New Linux and OSX
  • Darrell: Numbering Conventions
    • To be posted
  • Final Commits:
    • TEC
    • Mosaic
    • Weight Spectrum

Architecture

  • Technical Forums:
    • CASA Core Unification
    • Statistics Frames
    • Vectorization

Development

  • New Statistics Framework design.
    • Requirements captured & discussed
    • Dave has proposed design.
      • Feedback from Kohji, but nobody else. Silence implies consent! wink
    • Dave to schedule implementation work.
  • HPC Technical meeting this week - Model Column
    • 8am Thursday DSOC317 (Tentative).
    • Chaired by Kumar

Pipeline

  • Pipeline tarball integration
  • Imaging Document
    • Discussion to happen about imsize selection

AOB

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
    • Committed cvel2 to the repository. I have added a datacolumn with default to 'all', which is backwards compatible. I have added a hidden parameter passall to be backwards compatible, but the user will get a warning if passall is set to True. This feature is not supported in cvel2.
    • A few discussions with Urvashi about adding a read-only mode to flagdata when the user does not have writing permission to the MS.
    • Fixed partition tests.
    • Working on a document to explain the MMS processing in CASA and the heuristics associated to the transformations in mstransform.
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Completed initial version of the ALMA pipeline narrow to wide spw mapping and phaseup task
    • Completed pipeline testing against the casapy-42.2.30986-pipe-1-64b test tarball
  • Pam Ford
    • Plotms: Removed inheritance from PlotMSPlot (removed child class PlotMSOverPlot)
    • CAS-6897: Plotms Export dialog defaults to last-chosen path/filename
    • Created CAS-6933 Blocker: while testing, discovered seg fault in PlotMS GUI in 4.3 on RH6 not in 4.2.2
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
    • Implemented support in mstransform for radial velocity doppler shift correction based on ephemerides table
    • Created a unit test based on the ALMA Titan ephemerides regression
    • Now I'm the process of cross-validating mstransform cvel for this particular correction
    • NOTE: With this addition mstransform covers all cvel algorithms
  • Jim Jacobs
    • Finished draft of Carta Requirments Doc
    • Explored use of reStructuredText as format for Carta docs (per Erik's suggestion)
    • Began looking into Carta state representation design
  • Jeff Kern
  • Susan Loveland
    • Plotms: CAS-6753, CAS-6933
    • Viewer: CAS-6927
    • CARTA
  • David Mehringer (summary of work for 4 days pre-vacation and two days post-vacation)
    • Implemented msmd.timesforintent(), CAS-6919.
    • Asked Ger for advice re: choosing from which image to copy metadata in an LEL expression. Awaiting response. CAS-6896.
    • Completed my initial design for unified stats framework and notified interested parties. Received response only from Kohji who outlined an alternative design which seems to be motivated from an HPC point of view (at least I've not seen a "traditional" OO design that looks like his). I responded to his design on casa-staff. Awaiting team input and/or other guidance re: how to proceed. If it is decided Kohji's design should be used, he should also implement it, IMO, or at least someone who understands his strategy behind the design.
    • Contacted Malte (again) re: removing ASAP dependency on casacore components, still awaiting a response. IMO having the components module completely removed from casacore should be a prereq for moving to a unified casacore.
    • CAS-5689 spectral fitting results seem off. Added a warning to specfit if the auto estimator was unsucessful in determining the number of gaussians specified by ngauss.
    • Answered question re: implementation of msmd.exposuretime().
    • (CAS-6900) ia.setcoordsys() support for complex valued image: Implemented support for complex-valued images in ia.setcoordsys().
    • (CAS-6354) Rewrite ImageAnalysis::getFreqProfile(): Communicated with Andy re: testing functionality added by Martin.
  • George Moellenbrock
    • WEIGHT_SPECTRUM: Various testing of applycal and various initialization contexts. Found a problem with recreating WS after deleting it---not reliably reproducible (may need to ping Ger). Use of WS in imaging context nearly ready. Solve context still pending (looking at a shortcut here for v4.3)
    • Wrapped up Jason Kooi's TEC testing visit. Some minor tweaks to the FJones code ready for check-in, along with Jason's tec module (to recipes).
    • Fielded some questions on parang=T from the ALMA Poln SV team
  • Dirk Petry
    • (CAS-6827) tb.putcolkeyword is changing the type key values: invested a few days (in total) and found solution but they are widespread and affect many modules. casacore changes overlap with Ger's changes in googlecoode. code changes should better be included in a general extension of the casa variant system to full support of uInt scalars and vectors. gcwrap changes could be simplified if the changes in code would be extended.
    • (CAS-6614) Spectral frame differences (errors?) when importing a FITS cube: problem with AIPS-generated fits files. New insights from the testers. Still discussing.
    • (CAS-5897) incorporate the almawvr code into the CASA code base: Darrell has made necessary changes; I still need to work out how to build and link to the new module
    • (CAS-6855) PdBI standard antenna diameter seems to be incorrectly set: resolved
    • (CAS-6119) memory leak in measures tool: investigating; confirmed that there seems to be a small leak
    • (CAS-6803) Upgrade importfitsidi to full VLBI support: will not make the feature freeze
    • otherwise: installed CASA 4.2.2 on ARC cluster; documented our CASA wrapper script for Remy; produced QA2 procedure for ephemeris objects; explained cvel functionality (radial velocity correction for ephemeris objects); followed some of the ALMA long baseline campaign; and lots of DRM work/preparation for the upcoming pipeline-calibrated data packages
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Tried using mstransform's MMS partitioning to enable the writing of model visibilities to an MS in parallel. All attempts failed so far (for multiple reasons, latest being imager complaining about SORTED_TABLE in the MS.).
    • Added and tried out code from Justo to get output to cout/cerr from client nodes written to files on disk. Things like progressmeter output and unix error messages show up only here and not in the loggers.
    • CAS-6614 : some discussion and tests about spectral line frame transformation differences between FITS images and CASA images and 4.2.1 and 4.3.
    • CAS-5831 : enabled readonly access to MSs without write permission for the flagger, for situations where agents do not try to write to the MS. Useful to debug issues on large user datasets without having to copy many 100s of GBs each time. Discussions with Sandra on this.
    • User support : Responded to email queries about RFI excision, MS-MFS errors, compressed-sensing algo comparison with CASA, MSClean on an ALMA mosaic simulation, wideband mosaic imaging with ASKAP data (!), effects of wideband self-cal.
  • Darrell Schiebel
  • Rob Selina
    • (Generally recovering from vacation and catching up with e-mail and misc small tasks)
    • HPC coordination meeting. Minutes here
    • Discussion on naming convention and version numbering with Darrell.
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Makemask's error message improvement as requested in CAS-6837
    • Following up the bug fix for CAS-6912, checked different modes of makemask to make sure it is working properly when the internal mask is specified for output and added a couple more unit tests for such cases
    • Mask handler for the refactored imager: added fillMask() a support for a list of masks. fillMask now supports mask as image, CRTF (file or direct input), and region records (as files). When multiple masks of different types are given all of them are merged to create an (1/0) image mask.
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Takeshi Nakazato
  • Shinnosuke Kawakami
    • CAS-6929; merge casacore(NRAO) to googlecode(GC) casacore , discuss with Mark, Jim
    • Test release 422 on our machines
-- JeffKern - 2014-09-11
Topic revision: r19 - 2014-09-15, JeffKern
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback