Monday Morning Meeting DATE

  • IP:
  • Phone: (434) 817-6524


  • Socorro: Jeff, George, Lindsey, Pam, Martin, Tak, Juergen, Sanjay, Urvashi
  • CV: Andy, Ville, Darrell, Akeem, Jen, Dave
  • Garching:
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • No meeting next week (Nov 7), watch out for time changes!
  • ADASS / Astroinformatics meetings
  • PEPs (NRAO)

Build, Release

  • Mac vs. Linux issue with test.
  • First walk through the process, mostly successful.
    • Need to do another walk through.

Verification Testing

  • Multiprocess error: CAS-9235
  • Proposal for hardware going in

Validation Testing

  • Jeff to follow up on Visstat




  • Communication and Roadmap.


  • Visit to Charlottesville (from last week)
    • Web log reviews with the DA(s)
    • Cycle 4 patch planning discussions with pipeline working group,
    • Cycle 5 planning discussions with pipeline working group
    • VLASS planning discussions with Brian Kent and Joe Masters ( new pipeline team member)
    • Pipeline working group flagging heuristics investigation
  • Received draft of ALMA image size mitigation heuristics
  • Ongoing code cleanup and refactoring work


  • Jira Policy: - What about proprietary data.

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Visited NAASC in Charlottesvile (previous week)
    • Pipeline refactoring (importdata / exportdata / restoredata)
    • Web log improvements, flux scaling web log page
    • Reviewed image size mitigation heuristics
  • Pam Ford
    • More work on ms tool
    • Tested new casa workflow with Ville
  • Bob Garwood
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
    • Meetings (2 days)
    • Hiring process for CASA Liaison position
  • Susan Loveland
    • CARTA: Mostly testing and bug fixes, some region work, and lots of correspondence with others (South Africa/Taiwan).
  • David Mehringer
    • CAS-9227: Add OBSERVATION table check to RTV. implemented
    • CAS-9146: impv complains about non-square pixels when pixels are square: RTV. Fixed. Increased tolerance of Double comparison check.
    • Scratched my head more on how to edit "summary" field in task docs in plone without overwriting complete description. Need to talk to Jason. Apparently, there is a tutorial coming which has not been written yet about how to do this.
    • CAS-7687: CVEL and LSRK: IR. Requested a data set which illustrates the possible exportuvfits issue (it sounds like the title of the ticket may be misleading...)
    • CAS-9249: test_imsmooth[test_conserve_flux] fails on OSX Sierra: Resolved. Fixed. Slightly increased tolerance for float comparison.
    • Spent time fiddling with my Mac that would no longer boot. Handed it over to Josh Malone who fixed the OS upgrade issue.
    • Spent time doing binary revision search to determine which commit broke the ppdisk test and successfully isolated the specific commit (it wasn't mine).
    • CAS-9124: Reimplement mode='pola' in immath: RTV. Reimplemented/refactored.
    • CAS-9123: Reimplement mode='poli' in immath: RTV. Reimplemented/refactored.
    • CAS-9162: asdm2ms fails with error code 6 (was originally and msmd ticket): Not an msmd bug. Some sort of file system issue caused MS to be corrupted (no rows in OBSERVATION table). I added a check to to check for that (see CAS-9227).
    • CAS-9122: Reimplement mode='spix' in immath: RTV. Reimplemented/refactored.
    • CAS-9121: Reimplement mode='evalexpr' in immath: RTV. Reimplemented/refactored.
    • CAS-7173: typos in the help text for msmd.exposuretime: Resolved. typos corrected.
    • Completed PEP.
    • CAS-9062: Weight column is the sum of all channel weights in uvfits: IR. Still scratching my head over this as user provided data set with incorrect values for WEIGHT_SPECTRUM but claims importuvfits was responsible. However, I see no obvious change in the code that writes these weights in at least the past several years. It is the case that the WEIGHT column written by importuvfits is the sum of the absolute values of the channel weights. There seems to be uncertainty as to what exactly this should be (suggestions have been the first unflagged channel weight, or the mean or median of the channel weights, but this is not my decision to make, so someone with authority needs to provide a specific answer so I can implement it). And anyway, the WEIGHT column shouldn't be used at all if the WEIGHT_SPECTRUM is present, according the the MS2 spec. But user claims he has talked with various CASA deconvolution code experts who assure him WEIGHT, not WEIGHT_SPECTRUM, is being used in at least some cases. So this would seem to be either a miscommunication, or if it is indeed true, an incorrect implementation of the deconvolution code according to the MS2 spec.
  • George Moellenbrock
    • CAS-9098: requantizer gencal slow, apparently due to inadequate MSMetaData cache---How to set this sensibly?
    • CAS-9096, sub-tickets: VI2 in solve continuing
    • Inhabited JIRA, sorted/scheduled tickets
    • Finished science PEP, started functional PEP
    • Judged Socorro 5th Grade Science Fair
  • Dirk Petry
  • Martin Pokorny
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Measuring memory usage for various options in tclean and (a) verifying that there are no leaks, (b) trying to predict the mem use and match it with measurements and (c) checking scaling.
    • Emails and minor code edits about an exit criterion based on detected divergence.
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • CAS-8413: difference between iomanip between libc++ (clang) and libstdc++ (gcc)
    • looked into CAS-4022
    • built all third-party package updates for EL6 and EL7 via docker
  • Ville Suoranta
    • Testing and fixing the developer Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo workflow with Pam. First pull request merged to master.
    • Fixed Carta Mac builds in Taiwan
    • Learned that Bamboo doesn't cleanup agent workspaces properly. Wrote an initial version of a cleanup script.
    • Testing and fixing master builds & tests
  • Julian Taylor
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Worked on the new automask algorithm C++ implementation
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • migration of sampling interval codes to c++ ( CAS-8942): nearly done.
    • a fix to gap issue in ATM lib ( ICT-7997)
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
  • Takeshi Nakazato
  • Renaud Miel
    • CAS-8082 PlotMS Header / png export / multi-pages export testing
    • Next steps: pdf export, export from CLI
-- KanaSugimoto - 2016-10-27
Topic revision: r14 - 2016-10-31, GeorgeMoellenbrock
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback