Monday Morning Meeting 17 October 2016

  • IP:
  • Phone: (434) 817-6524


  • Socorro: George, Jeff, Jim, Susan, Pam, Sanjay, Martin, Juergen, Tak
  • CV: Dave, Akeem, Andy, Darrell, Ville, Lindsey, Jen, Anand, Bob
  • Garching: Julian
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • CalIm - 8th-meeting of the CALIM. One of the largest meetings in terms of participation. Take away: Everyone has their own code; everyone working on wide-band, wide-field issues.
  • RFI Meeting (this week) - 200 registrants
  • Astro-informatics (Later this week); No Meeting Monday

Build, Release

  • Getting closer to running nightly builds from Git. RH6 tests are having more problems tha RH7 and OSX. Part of this is that cbt-el6-1is excruciatingly slow and causes timeouts. 2 test failures remaining on Mac, 4 on RH7, ~13 on RH6.
  • Release 4.7.1: Let Ville know when you check in changes.

Verification Testing

  • ATCA casaguide is now in
    • Error in position angle in 4.7 not seen in 4.6 ~1 degree
    • Mark Wieringa believes a tolerance of 2 degrees is fine
  • Continued working with Ville on test suites for the CI system
  • Supported NAASC helpdesk CASA questions
  • This week: need to work on request for new hardware to provide additional build and test platforms

Validation Testing

  • CAS-8728, CAS-8923 --> George, what is the next step? we have Todd as a tester (this week)
  • CAS-9131 is marked ready to verify; Ville/Dirk, is this ready for testing again?
  • uvcontsub testing, data identified, could use a wideband VLA example please?
    • Juergen will send possible candidate to Jen (wiedband VLA example)
  • setjy testing concluding, still on the fence about Ceres models, but Pallas and Vesta models are an improvement
    • We had poor requirements; models were not validated before development started.
  • bookkeeping things: sub-tasks of engineering tasks are not also engineering tasks, plone docs permissions, engineering tasks on testing calendar
    • Anand to create Engineering subtask.
    • Anand to give Jen permissions to view Plone docs.


  • Warnings Summary
  • CASA settings work under way. Should have document out (on Plone) soon).



  • Please mark start and end dates on your scheduled issues.

  • Jeff will eventually move scheduled issues without dates back to unscheduled.


  • Currently working on refactoring and reorganizing for cycle 5.


  • Anand will ask Jason K to send script to Darrell.

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
  • Lindsey Davis
  • Pam Ford
    • Continued work on CAS-8050 - remove MSSelector from ms tool
    • Tested Justo's fix for CAS-9060 - ready for validation
    • Added plotms to Global Task List in plone
  • Bob Garwood
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
  • Jim Jacobs
    • Looked at Carta build issues.
  • Jeff Kern
    • Astroinformatics Poster
    • CalIm
  • Susan Loveland
    • CARTA
      • Half of week spent debugging problems with PureWeb server setup in Taiwan
      • Documentation, bug fixing & testing, region work.
  • David Mehringer
    • (CAS-9152) imtrans drops image header information: Resolved. Fixed.
    • (CAS-9062) Weight column is the sum of all channel weights in data from uvfits. WIP. Began investigation.
    • (CAS-9166) create imcontsub docs in plone: WIP
    • (CAS-9003) ImageCollapser can exhaust memory on large images: Resolved. Fixed.
    • (CAS-9139) Migrate imhead task doc to plone. RTV. Nearly done.
    • (CAS-8372) enable ia.imageconcat() to write history to new image: Resolved. Fixed.
    • Responded to Darrell re: changing spectral reference frames in C++.
    • (CAS-9019) imcollapse doesn't compute some stats correctly for complex-valued images: Resolved. Fixed.
    • (CAS-9072) listobs contains blank lines when spectral windows are not WVR-corrected: RTV. Fixed.
    • (CAS-9153) non-unique name of scratch file in immath causes it to segfault if another immath is running: Duplicate. Advised reporter to use most recent stable for this fix.
    • Responded to Level 1 support re: rotating and "stacking" images.
    • (CAS-9129) impv bug: Resolved. Fixed.
  • George Moellenbrock
  • Dirk Petry
  • Martin Pokorny
  • Urvashi Rao
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • setup repository
    • added RedHat Developer Toolset 4 to new repository
    • installed RedHat Developer Toolset 4 on all nightly-build/continuous-integration hosts
    • installed RedHat Developer Toolset 4 on all nightly-build/continuous-integration hosts
    • setup nightly doxygen documentation builds
    • added precision to restoring beam in viewer (CAS-8213/CAS-7028)
    • removed display library references to ImageAnalysis class (CAS-8195)
    • explored display options for plone in a distro
  • Ville Suoranta
    • First MacOS Sierra builds. Still needs a bug in packaging fixed
    • Working on Bitbucket, weeding out test issues.
  • Julian Taylor
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
  • Takeshi Nakazato
  • Renaud Miel
-- KanaSugimoto - 2016-10-13-- KanaSugimoto - 2016-10-13
Topic revision: r16 - 2016-10-30, JaredCrossley
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback