CASA Coordination Team - 13 October 2017

10:00 ET/8:00 MT/16:00 CET

Rooms: ER-209, SOC-317

Hub: 192.33.117.12##8108
Phone: 434-817-6524

Attending:

Agenda

  • Follow up on previous Action Items
    • Communication
      • Morgan to look into who has ICT JIRA/wiki access, circulate list to ALMA CASA folks to see who wants/needs ICT access - in process
    • Algorithm development
      • Urvashi to summarize things we will need to think about when integrating new algorithms
    • RACI
      • Review roles, discuss changes (if any) in next meeting

  • 5.1.1. release timing
  • What do we do about 5.2 to bridge the gap between what we (CASA-dev, CASA-HPC, Pipeline-dev) can do in the next 6 weeks vs what the PLWG expects and will agree to 'sign off' on.
    • CASA-HPC and Pipeline-dev have clear ideas about where we are, and CASA-dev has a couple of clear issues to look into in the next few weeks. We should be able to at least generate a clear stand for Ryan/Morgan to present to the PLWG.
  • Review RACI - complete the review – attached at https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/Software/CASA/CASACoordinationTeam
  • Review Build and Test Process Improvement Feeback (https://open-confluence.nrao.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=7045225)
    • Do we understand what they mean?
    • Pick two to work on first
      • build/test recommend action (taking the requests/suggestions into account)
        • streamline workflow — bug/feature becomes one workflow and bamboo testing happens simply based upon JIRA ticket number
          • simpler for users
          • epics can then function as integration branches (with testing), when needed
          • behavior WRT testing and packaging is consistent
        • merge master to the bugfix/feature branch and test with package for pull requests
          • this ensures better testing when judging whether a pull request is ready
          • makes all of the build/test behavior consistent
  • Meetings will be on Fridays in October, same time. Review schedule starting in November.

Minutes
  • 5.1.1
    • It includes ALMA and VLASS fixes. Waiting on E2E tests. Must be ready by Wed; need to start rolling things up today.
    • AI: Morgan to see with Remy the status of things
  • 5.2
    • We want to have 5.2 out for validation without worrying about performance issues now, except for the few cases already discussed that affect performance but are very likely bugs. These are the problems lists in CAS-10704.
    • Sandra strongly suggested that PLWG is handled by someone else during the coordination of these tests. She would like that someone else talks to them and once an agreement is reached, the mediator tells us (HPC group) what to do. We will continue running the tests now and posting results and weblogs according to the Confluence page.
    • AI: Ryan and Morgan will talk to Remy about the differences between the verification testing (that CASA team does) and validation testing (PLWG do). We should not mix these two things.
  • Meeting next Friday to be coordinated by Ryan
  • AI: Darrell to see how to roll out a new pre-release 5.2 tarball

-- MorganGriffith - 2017-10-11
Topic attachments
I Attachment Action Size Date Who Comment
Development_Workflow.pdfpdf Development_Workflow.pdf manage 15 K 2017-10-13 - 09:38 RyanRaba CASA Development Workflow
Topic revision: r6 - 2017-10-16, SandraCastro
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback