Monday Morning Meeting 16th May 2016

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • IP: 192.33.117.12##8110
  • Phone: (434) 817-6524

Minutes in blue.

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jeff, Lindsay, Jim, Pam, Susan, Martin, Juergen, Kumar, Tak
  • CV: Anand, Ville, Darrell, Akeem, Andy, David, Jen
  • Garching:
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • May 17, ANASAC (Socorro)
  • May 18-19 NRAO Users Committee
  • May 23-27 PLWG Face 2 face (No MMM)
  • May 30: NRAO Holiday (No MMM)
  • June 1-8: Synthesis Imaging Summer School

Build, Release

  • On Friday, Josh enabled proper permissions for the new bamboo installation. Both the new JIRA and bamboo servers are running. subgit has been working okay.
  • RHEL7 tests are running now. Current errors agree with RHEL5 & 6 tests.
  • Something that Kumar committed broke simulation. Kumar is working on it.

Verification Testing

  • M100 Analysis Regression failure on OSX 10.11
    • Cleared up once data was updated, thanks Sandra!
  • MPI long test run time. Andy will call Julian to resolve this.
  • Slowdown in imaging regression test run time
    • Kumar saw this on 2 tests: wprojection_regression and orionmos4sim_regression. Kumar will refresh his build and see if problem persists.
    • Andy only sees a slight slowdown on wprojection_regression
    • His initial suspicion was work Sanjay was doing on vi2/vb2 interface, which did not pan out
  • Test spreadsheet
    • Re-assigning some tests from Jeff to other developers
    • Andy has requested some investigation by Jim.

Validation Testing

  • Jen is waiting on Jeff for direction on how to handle image analysis documentation JIRA tickets. A technical problem has been encountered that is preventing David's recent updates from being available in Python.
    • Jeff recommends closing tickets since the documentation has been updated.
    • Delivery will happen in conjunction with the documentation update project.

Architecture

  • The CASA Warnings Summary shows flagging back to green, with modules alma, singledish and synthesis still with warnings.
    • Jeff will ask NAOJ to fix singledish.

HPC

Development

Pipeline

  • C4R1 testing and bug fixing, ALMA and EVLA
  • preparations for F2F meeting in Santiago next week
    • Planned discussion of imaging and processes.
  • Pipeline will soon start using CASA 4.7.

AOB

  • Documentation update
    • Wating for plone server update by Stephan's group.
    • Summer student Jason Kritter will be helping with documentation. Starts May 31st.
    • NMT intern Alan Gross will be working 10 hrs/week on styling of documentation.

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
  • Lindsey Davis
    • C4R1 bug fixing
      • LSRK to TOPO coordinate transformation issues
      • imaging test cases
      • error handling, logging, improvements to AQUA report generation
    • C3R4 calibration / applycal issues fixed in C4R1
    • F2F meeting preparations
  • Pam Ford
    • CAS-8595 Resolved (baseline iteration and locate on cal tables causes plotms crash)
    • CAS-8484 RTT (plotms high-resolution pdf export)
    • CAS-8408 RTT (plotms flagged points default now red circles instead of none)
    • Investigated CAS-7817 (averaging while iterating over spw) - created CAS-8612 for inconsistent weight/sigma spectrum values from VIVB2 depending on spw selection, weight/sigma okay
    • Beginning work on CAS-8270 (implement plotcal in plotms)
  • Kumar Golap
    • Jeff has requested a write up on sync function.
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
  • Jim Jacobs
    • With Ville's help we've gotten the crash reporter building and capturing the crash information and assembling a tar file for transmission to a server. This week I'll see if I can get the server folks to get that side online so we can get it running end-to-end.
    • Investigated cas-6119 (memory leak in memory tool). Discoverd that our implementation of Swig bindings leaks like a sieve. The leak is small, but in a loop making lots of tool calls to methods having string, variant or record valued parameters will eventually run out of memory. The JIRA reporter was calling measures once per visibility in their script. I've found and fixed it to first order, but need to complete a regression run to make sure that something didn't get busted in the process.
  • Jeff Kern
    • Continued pushing on the Atlassian Software
  • Susan Loveland
    • CAS-8591: Viewer shows wrong value on top axis when velocity is around 0.
    • CARTA: Multiple color map issues fixed.
  • David Mehringer
    • (CAS-8426) im.pbcor() should write history to image it creates: RTT. Example in docs updated as requested.
    • (CAS-8341) Write history to new image when running ia.fromrecord(). IR. It was requested I add to the docs a reason why this method might be useful. I don't know any such reason since I inherited ownership of this method and there is no design nor requirements documentation as to what the motivation was for its creation.
      • Method was intended for inter-process communication in parallelization. It will be used again when MPI is active.
      • User has requested an example of use. Jeff recommends stating only that this is a serialization-deserialization method.
    • (CAS-8608) ia.setmiscinfo() should write to image history. RTT.
    • (CAS-8607) ia.setcoordsys() should write to image history. RTT.
    • (CAS-8605) ia.setbrightnessunit() should write to history. RTT
    • (CAS-8397) ia.calcmask() to write history. Resolved. Explained why extra "\" escapes appeared in python display of returned list.
    • (CAS-3847) Global Image module object to record memory allocation/de-allocation. IR. Assigned to Sanjay so that, upon his return, he could respond to Ger's follow up questions.
    • (CAS-8497) exportuvfits possibly incorrectly writing antenna coordinates. RTT. PR finally merged.
    • Fixed imagetest failure caused by modification of ImageMoments code.
  • George Moellenbrock
    • CAS-8533: Verified ALMA polarization calibration in CASA 4.6
    • Continued calibration test program work
    • VLA Tours for local 4th grade
  • Dirk Petry
  • Martin Pokorny
    • Tests of effect of tile shape on IO performance. Completed on nmpost cluster with Lustre filesystem, continuing testing with local disk.
      • Julian is looking at effect of tile shape on overall pipeline.
  • Urvashi Rao
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • tweaks to pipeline's runsetup2/setup.py for Brian Kent's testing
    • completed scripts for generating Understand C++ database
    • RHEL7 tests are setup and may be working (nightly builds have been working for some time)
  • Ville Suoranta
    • Got crash reporting working on Mac
    • First Carta package for OSX
    • Started working on Carta packaging on Linux (builds and runs on RH7, crashes on exit on RH6).
    • Met on Friday with Josh and Darrell and got the proper access and permissions for the new Atlassian suite.
  • Julian Taylor
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Spent the most time on CAS-8584, the "tclean NaN issue". With help from Kumar, we found that tclean's hogbom code was missing image padding in deconvolution. Kumar made modifications for the padding and also added check to detect divergence, which made divergent behavior go away for one of the test data sets. But It did not completely fix the issue as the tclean run with another data set that Lindsey provided went into an infinite loop. Still seems to be missing a trap for some diverging cases.
    • Fixed the bug that automask was not executed when tclean is in interactive mode

Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • investigating slowness of sdimaging ( CAS-8562): test using new MS-based procedure revealed aother issue, the slowness of applycal. applycal takes several hours to apply calibrations to one fast-scanning MS (~700MB) which only takes 10min by ASAP. Coud it be related to tiling issue CAS-8415?
    • DONE fitmode='auto' (line detection by line finder) in tsdfit ( CAS-7906): behavior of line finder verified.
    • DONE support float imsize in sdimaging ( CAS-8415)
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
    • [CAS-7444] implementing unit tests for the addwn and rejwn selections of tsdbaseline, which are used for a sinusoidal baseline fitting.
    • [CAS-7444] found bugs related to addwn&rejwn, which were fixed.
  • Takeshi Nakazato
    • CAS-8489: verified fix by Todd
    • verified libxml2 bug fix for RH6 and confirmed that importasdm in CASA 3.4 works
    • comparison between images created by CASA and NOSTAR (NRO data reduction software)
  • Renaud Miel
    • CAS-7339
      • Unit tests / calmode='otf,tsys,apply' / test data / created SYSCAL table consistent with lissajous.ms dataset
      • Manually verified computed expected results from reference data (sky calibration + syscal table) match tsdcal result
      • Next step: implement this last unit test and close ticket

-- KanaSugimoto - 2016-05-12
Topic revision: r19 - 2016-05-16, JaredCrossley
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback