Monday Morning Meeting DATE

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Juergen, Dirk, Susan, Lindsey, George, Tak, Mark W., Mark, Jeff
  • CV: Andy, Dave, Darrell
  • Garching: Sandra, Justo
  • SCO:

  • Rob on Vacation

News / Meetings / Visitors

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
    • Still debugging joint A+W problem.
    • Discussions many, including with Preshanth about full-Mueller imaging work and with Li on Asp-Clean kind of deconvolution
    • Investigations on differences between measured and modeled cross-polar beam patterns
  • Sandra Castro
    • CAS-5833: After waiting for Steve's input, got George's explanation on what this ticket wants. MANY thanks George. The first part, to support SYSPOWER caltables in flagdata is already implemented. Did they ever try it before putting up this request??? Of course, Steve blamed the documentation, which already contained information on all possible supported datacolumns!!! I updated the documentation to become even longer and more redundant. The second part of this ticket, to create flag commands from selected rows of the SYSPOWER MS sub-table will be more complicated. Some issues are:
      • There is no support for SYSPOWER table in casacore/ms/MeasurementSets. Who should include this?
      • There is no iterator for sub-tables in CASA.
      • I asked Ger for information on some table selector in casacore that would interpret MSSelection syntax. He pointed me to mscal, which I will look at this week.
    • Tested new package releases in OSX.
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Implemented QA estimators for several pipeline tasks
    • Follow up on pipeline acceptance blocker tickets
    • Development process discussions
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
    • Writing user and advance developer guide for new MPI-based parallelization framework
    • Made a presentation in ESO about new MPI-based parallelization framework
    • Preparing extra content for the coming CASA Technical Telecon presentation
    • Prepared a benchmark script for a parallel version of the CASAvsAIPS regression.
  • Jim Jacobs
    • Continuing work on Carta UI Design
    • Attending imaging workshop.
    • Need to schedule Lindsey's pipeline talk (June 12 or 26th?)
    • Baseline dependent averaging: how to specify uvw movement averaging limit?
  • Jeff Kern
    • PEPs
    • Actually did a small amount of investigation into BP-Dip issue.
  • Susan Loveland: Fixed viewer bugs (4.2.1 & trunk) and worked on CARTA UI prototype.
  • David Mehringer: completed reimplementation of unmaintainable method ImageAnalysis::getFreqProfile() to PixelValueManipulator::getProfile(). Also completed CLI to this method, ia.getprofile().
  • George Moellenbrock
    • Investigated status of sigma/weights in split & mstransform. Mostly this looks like we just need to sort out nchan (at least in mstransform). An email to Justo is forthcoming.
    • CAS-4071: Established beyond any reasonable doubt that the 'bpdip' is a statistical artifact. In particular, ALMA's higher frequency bands tend to be subject to lower SNR bandpass calibrators and so per-integration solutions on subsets of channels are especially prone to this effect (most reports are at band 7 and 9)
    • NRAO Synthesis Summer School prep: a) my Calibration lecture, which is Wed morning; b) data reduction tutorial sanity checks on NMTech machines, etc. (seems ok)
  • Dirk Petrey
  • Scott Rankin
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Minor additions to 'tcean' task interface, logger message cleanup, started adding clark/msclean minor cycle algorithms.
    • Worked on (long overdue) paper about characterizing VLA imaging limits with various algorithms.
    • Initial discussion with Henrik Junklewitz (visitor from Garching) about adding two RM-synthesis algorithms into CASA (via me). His code is currently in use at LOFAR.
  • Darrell Schiebel AAT/PPI review, tweaks to casacore include in RPM, debugging threading in DBus VO Service, sick, and vacation
  • Rob Selina
    • 4.2 Post mortem discussions
    • Documentation repository implementation (& breaking Jenkins in the process)
    • JIRA Subversion plugin
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi: Mostly worked on refactoring setjy for unnessary per-spw processing (created CAS-6530 to track this)
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto (will be out of office: May 19-21)
    • discussed about CASA 4.3 additional targets with Bunyo
    • sent a list of SD developments (commit revisions) to merge to release-4_2_2 branch
    • some comments on single dish weight discussion ( CAS-6181)
    • sdlist: show band center frequency ( CAS-6486)
    • bug fixes to sdimaging
  • Wataru Kawasaki
    • fixed a bug in sd.scantable.parse_idx_selection() for cases of duplicated values given in data selection like pol='1,1'.
    • worked on algorithm modification in selecting spw (CAS-6485)
    • checking unit test codes implemented by Kana for some SD tasks (underway)
  • Takeshi Nakazato: worked on CAS-6181 (fillweight implementation) and CAS-6522 (easy but serious bug in asap averaging code)
  • Shinnosuke Kawakami
    • internal work at NAOJ (System Maintenance and so on)

Build, Release, Testing

Architecture

  • Technical Forums:

Development

  • Logger : Flexibility of filters and log levels, logs with parallelization
    • Carried to next week
  • Mark Wieringa
    • Dynamic Range Issues: Pixel based modeling
    • Improved beam models
    • Linear Mosaic: Need to make into a task
    • Making all of the images on the same grid
    • Anything better than peeling for sources far out

Pipeline

AOB

-- JeffKern - 2014-05-06
Topic revision: r22 - 2014-05-12, JeffKern
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback