Monday Morning Meeting June 23rd

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jeff, Jim, Sanjay, Urvashi, Susan, Tak, Kumar
  • CV: Andy, Dave, Darrell, Mark
  • Garching: Justo, Sandra,
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • 26 June CUC Telecon
  • Aug 11 (?) NAOJ Visit for Scantable to MS conversion demo
  • Morgan Griffith in Socorro
  • Working on offer for CARTA position

Build, Release, Testing

  • Darrell push out new linux tarball today

Architecture

  • Technical Forums: David Image Analysis
  • Use cases from CARTA distributed

Development

  • Justo: Averaging fully flagged data is causing performance decrement. 30% for averaging

Pipeline

AOB

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
    • Finishing up the changes in the MMS processing code in mstransform and the new ParallelDataHelper class. Have modified mstransform, partition, split2 and hanningsmooth2.
  • Lindsey Davis
  • Kumar Golap
    • Made MultitermFTNew constructor from record work properly
    • Debugging msuvbin for large cube....in Ram v/s disk based gridding have a few points discrepant.
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
    • Completed VI/VB2 commit to support new WEIGHT/SIGMA spectrum
      • split and AveragingTVI produce the same results from time. avg. when the data is unflagged
      • However they diverge when the data is flagged, because AveragingTVI computes and stores the time. avg also when all the samples are flagged.
        • This has the the side-effect that AveragingTVI is significant slower than split (30%)
        • I suggest that we reconsider this part of the time.avg algorithm, and possibly introduce a parameter to disable averaging of completely flagged samples
    • Fixed a couple of issues in simple_cluster unit test for 4.2.2 (new caltable format and setjy parameters)
    • Preparing a patch for flagdata to adopt the new channelized convention for WEIGHT.
      • floodgate feature to flag based on WEIGHT will not be backwards compatible.
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
    • Interview for CARTA position
    • ALMA ICT CPM3 Meeting
    • Prep for CUC meeting
  • Susan Loveland
    • Worked on plotms (CAS-6728, CAS-6662) for 4.2.2 & trunk
    • Worked on CARTA UI
  • David Mehringer
    • Responded to Ger re: design choices in MSMetaData
    • Responded to Ger re: his proposal that components be removed from casacore (and hence we'd take full ownership and move it into code/)
    • Worked on CASA Technical Forum presentation on recent developments in image analysis. Inquired on casa-staff re: what people would like to here about.
    • Fixed inp imsubimage where overwrite param wasn't being exposed because of non-existant constraint specification in imsubimage.xml
    • Fixed LEL mask specification bug in SubImageFactory to honor lattice name escaping rules described in Note 223.
    • Worked on design of ComponentListImage class. Investigating methods which need to be implemented and overridden by looking at LatticeBase -> Lattice -> MaskedLattice -> ImageInterface inheritance tree.
    • Updated broken link in help par.mask.
    • Punted to Jim ticket re: support for complex valued images in image regridding since the issue is that Interpolate2D does not support complex-valued grids, so we need someone who is responsible for/knows about casacore-scimath to add that support.
  • George Moellenbrock
  • Dirk Petry
    • looked over Rob's state changes of tickets I have filed or am otherwise involved in
    • resolved CAS-6386 as not reproducible as expected
    • started to look another time at CAS-6614; found an additional wcslib function which could help cope with old AIPS convention FITS files
    • discussed with Ger van Diepen and Mark Calabretta the "NOFRAME" frame
      • we agree that "NONSTANDARD" would be a more universally useful name (note: there is no 8 character length restriction for the name)
    • discussed how to obtain funding for improved simulated ALMA band 3 responses with R Laing
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Debugged saving of clean model visibilities in the last major cycle (modelcol or virtual or none) + other minor additions.
    • Followed KG's instructions (+ a bit more) to make an RHEL6 build for others to use within the building. Went in circles with helpdesk before finally getting casa 4.2 working on EL6 laptop.
    • Some user-support emails + summer student lecture/discussions + JIRA ticket reshuffling.
  • Darrell Schiebel
  • Rob Selina
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Investigated phase randomization issue on a model produced by setjy for SS objects (CAS-6033) when multiple fields of the same source was involved. Generated a test MS from TW Hydra data sets to reproduce the issue and identified a bug and fixed it.
    • Committed the changes related to refactoring of per-spw process
    • Started to work on 'set pol' functionality in setjy
    • Resolved a fluxscale ticket (CAS-4729) as it had been addressed a while ago in the response to a bug report from another user
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • Investigated the data selection issue in sdimaging found in user tests ( CAS-5489). It seems imager does not like non-contiguous IDs. Proposed to put it in known issues.
    • Printing deprecation warning when old SD tasks are invoked. Warn once per casapy session per task. ( CAS-6718) ... Jim helped me a lot to realize the requirements. Thanks very much!
    • discussion about time shift in gencal table.
    • Wrote to Dominique to get information on ATM updates ( CAS-6729)
  • Wataru Kawasaki
    • Finished checking if SD unit tests implemented by Kana for the new selection syntax. All are OK.
    • Modified sdsave code so that interpolation of Tsys and calculation of weight values are correctly done.
  • Takeshi Nakazato
    • flag information handling: CAS-6582 (ongoing) CAS-6588 CAS-6589
    • test on CAS-6601 result fine
    • scriptgenerator update support
  • Shinnosuke Kawakami
    • commented in JIRA ticket(async problem) that is IPython async functionality is removed completely by removing "import taskmanager", and some comment about plotms.

-- KanaSugimoto - 2014-06-19
Topic revision: r13 - 2014-06-23, JeffKern
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback