Monday Morning Meeting June 9th

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Rob, Susan, Lindsey, Juergen, George, Tak, Urvashi, Sanjay. Jim, Kumar
  • CV: Mark, Dave, Darrell
  • Garching: N/A
  • SCO:

  • Jeff out of the office.
  • Scott out of the office.
  • Holiday for ESO.

News / Meetings / Visitors

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
    • Same as last week.
  • Sandra Castro
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Pipeline web log development, bug fixes
    • Pipeline hif_exportdata development
    • Pipeline 4.2.2 release testing
    • Jira editing
  • Kumar Golap
    • Went through my list of jira tickets and updated status
    • worked a bit on MSUVBin..not done yet
    • Looked into CAS 6677 whereof mosaic is not giving same results
      • noted 10000 visibilities used..let's assume 5000 independent measurement
        • cleaning mask size ~18000 pixels
        • image size chop the coverage a bit thus fft of beam may alias
        • all diff images large differences are in zones that are masked or not covered
      • Continuing investigation
    • Looked into regression failures..mostly test setup issues
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
    • NOTE: Monday 9th June is bank holiday in Germany
    • New WEIGHT/SIGMA handling in mstransform (CASA 4.2.2.)
      • Implemented channel avg. and re-gridding sections (with help of Dirk).
      • I'm now in the process of testing it vs split and cvel, and I have ran into what seems to be an issue in the *= Array operator
      • On the other hand I have converged with George with the modifications to be done on the time avg. side
      • The time avg. sections will require modifications not only in mstransform but also in the AveragingTVI: I have detected significant and already existing miss-aligments in the way WEIGHT/SIGMA is used to do time avg. in AveragingTVI.
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
  • Susan Loveland
    • Fixed Plotms Bugs (CAS-6605) and Viewer Bug (CAS-6610) for 4.2.2
    • Worked on CARTA UI.
  • David Mehringer
    • fixed recently introduced segfault exposed by test_imval.py
    • spent a lot of time proving that a tester's claims were incorrect that spxfit was not producing correct solutions for various
      sets of inputs. I'm guessing she did not understand how the solutions were encoded in the output images, which is explained
      in the help.
    • Fixed ia.imageconcat() bug in which tabular coordinate for non-contiguous images was sometimes not being computed correctly
    • Added reorder input param to ia.imageconcat() so user may specify if images should be auto-ordered.
    • Queried imfit ticket requested for clarification.
    • Responded to Mark's query if Juergen and I had discussed an image smoothing related ticket's requirements. We have
      and Juergen agreed to furnish me with complete use cases, including detailed inputs and outputs. I haven't received
      that info yet and so am blocked on this task until I do.
    • Request input about "toggle warning messages in ia tool" requirements; the associated ticket consisted only of that
      title with no details specified in it.
    • Put on hold and assigned to Mark for tracking "imfit estimates should allow sky coordinates in addition to pixel values"
      ticket because management and the CSSC need to design and agree upon a detailed format that estimates are to take, and also
      from where the estimates will come (input parameters, a file, both)?
    • Enquired about viewer->clean clean box communcation re: "bizarre clean boxes for large images"
    • corrected rg.wpolygon() example in documentation
    • communicated with the reported of an older imfit ticket who wanted a quantity added to the output dictionary that has
      already been added as part of the imfit output dictionary redesign.
    • fixed an imfit issue in which fixing the major or minor axis was causing the task to fail
    • Looked at test_ia_pv.py failure logs on the 4.2.2 branch and determined the failure was due to Scott not having a necessary test fixture in his data repos
  • George Moellenbrock
    • Continued discussions with Justo on mstransform weight adjustments
    • Preparations for Technical Forum talk on weights
    • WEIGHT_SPECTRUM deployment planning
    • Calibration error analysis studies
    • PEP interview w/ Jeff
    • Started JIRA housecleaning as per Jeff's advice
    • Old laptop housecleaning in prep for new Macbook
  • Dirk Petrey
  • Scott Rankin
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Added ClarkClean and MEM minor cycle. MEM needs some debugging.
    • Tried to organize imager refactor to-do lists (completed and remaining) into JIRA tickets : CAS-6631 is the overview and contains subsets based on topic.
    • Worked with summer student and spent some time working around a bug in which a csys given into ia.newimagefromarray() shows up correctly in imhead but not in the Viewer. Will report it properly soon.
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • OSX 10.8 -- llvm-gcc42 does not build properly, created new apple-gcc42 port with gfortran patched in builds cleanly but conflicts with libunwind-headers (will resolve this today)
    • CAS-6060 -- copied RHEL5 casa build tree to different RHEL5 host, build tree runs without error, but tar-distro dies with SEGV, the cause is still unresolved
  • Rob Selina
    • Long-term schedule/resource model & planning.
    • JIRA ticket audit.
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Another bug fix on fluxscale dictionary for 4.2.2
    • setjy mutli-spw handling improvement (on python-side), still need modifications to ft to fully benefit from it
    • Reviewed most of the JIRA tickets assigned to me. Updated all the 'Bug' tickets by adding status comments and/or setting Fix Version and also resolved few other tickets.
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • DONE In-place modification of input file (outfile==infile) does not work with disk storage in sdflag, sdreduce, and sdcal2 ( CAS-6601): Fixed the tasks to work with disk storage and defined relevant functional tests. NOTE the fix is committed to release-4_2_2 branch since the bug is serious one which causes an abort of casapy.
    • DONE Quality assurance of functional tests of new SD tasks ( CAS-5873): Checked tests updated by Takeshi and Wataru and gave some more feed backs. The work is mostly done but there is a room for couple more improvements. I'm waiting for action by Shinnosuke for sdlist and Wataru for sdgrid.
    • DONE field selection by numpy.string_ in sdimaging ( CAS-6243): fixed and committed to trunk.
    • day-off: June 2nd
  • Wataru Kawasaki
    • updating/repairing SD unit test codes (sdcal2, sdsave, sdgrid).
    • proper handling flagging information in SD tasks (parent ticket : CAS-1756)
      • discussed with other SD developers to define how flagging information should be handled in each SD tasks.
      • created new sub-tickets of CAS-1756 (CAS-6582 - CAS-6600) for each SD tasks (due date : June 30)
      • resolved old sub-tickets CAS-1757 and CAS-1758 since they become duplicated with the above new sub-tickets.
  • Takeshi Nakazato: no casa work this week, update pipeline tasks according to casa sd task interface change in 4.2.2 CAS-6574
  • Shinnosuke Kawakami:
    • CAS-6461: put an explanation about removed/modified line of casa2pycli.xsl.
    • pipeline automatic verification shell script with crond

Build, Release, Testing

  • 4.2.2 pre-release package out last Friday. User testers (3) ropped in for weights evaluation.
    • Split testing this week (comparing old and new versions)
    • Data analysts testing out GUIs. Minor tickets sent in, no blockers so far.
    • No user testers meeting this week, one next week planned.
    • Plotms occasionally dies and brings down CASA. Hard to reproduce, found in pipeline regression testing. Mark will follow up with data analysts to see if it can be chased down.
  • 4.2.2 work shifting to OSX release. Work on OSX pre-release now, with RHEL on back-burner.
  • Shooting for simultaneous public release of 4.2.2 on OSX and RHEL.
  • No 4.3 test package scheduled.

Architecture

  • Technical Forums:
    • Next CTF will be on Thursday - George - Weights in CASA
    • Two weeks from now - Dave on Image Analysis.

Development

4.2.2:
  • Justo working on changes to split/cvel. Will be included in next pre-release for 4.2.2.
  • Testing still in progress, bug fixes to follow.

4.3:
  • Dave has tickets (mostly imfit) that need clarification. Placed on hold requiring input.
  • CAS-6573 Development Priority
    • Requires new label in casacore enum list.
    • Minor changes to IA tools and Viewer expected too.
    • Darrell, Susan, Dave, Jim to review ticket and evaluate effort.

Pipeline

  • Checking bandpass linear flag interpolation next.
  • Plotms plots have a bug depending on showgui=true. Fix needed for final pre-release. Susan is working the issue.
  • Cycle 2 officially started at ALMA. Pipeline is intended to be part of regular operations this cycle, so we need to mind the delay in the 4.2.2 release w/ pipeline.
    • Transition may be a bit bumpy.

AOB

  • RHEL6 development environment switch post 4.2.2 release.
    • Developer RPMs not supported on cluster (per AOC IT). Makes debugging difficult.
    • ACTION: Rob/Jeff/Jim to follow up, see if this can be remediated.
  • 10.9 machines/support - a concern given new H/W purchases. Will need to address
    • May want to consider evaluating 10.10 developer pre-release to prepare.

-- KanaSugimoto - 2014-06-05
Topic revision: r18 - 2014-06-09, RobSelina
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback