Weekly CASA Coordination Team Meeting

Logistics

  • Date: 28 June 2017
  • Time: 1400 UTC / 10am EDT / 8am MDT
  • Video conference (SO-280 hub)
  • VideoHubIP: 192.33.117.12##8110
  • AudioHub: 434-817-6524 (voice only)
  • NRAO Room Reservations: SO-280, ER-230

Participants

Available? Name Comments
choice-yes Morgan Griffith  
choice-yes Urvashi Rao Venkata  
choice-yes Darrell Schiebel  
choice-yes Lindsey Davis  
choice-yes Anand Crossley  
choice-no Jen Donovan Meyer traveling to Chile for AoD, and this meeting is scheduled at the same time as weekly SWST meeting
choice-yes Juergen Ott  
choice-yes Sandra Castro  
choice-no Kana Sugimoto  
choice-yes Chin-Fei Lee  
Please replace the choice-yes with choice-noif you cannot participate, and provide a comment why not.

CASA Final Release Downloads

Agenda, Reports, Action

  • CASA 5.0 release
    • CAS-9853 is ready. Should Federico create a pull request? Yes! Then it needs to be tested once again. We approve to have this in the 5.0 release
    • doc problems: Should be resolved on OS X. Anand will test on NAASC cluster, Lindsay on SOC cluster.
    • Jeff notified the CUC about the crash reporter.
    • will prepare the announcements send to Jeff and Morgan
    • Lindsay will do last tests when we have the semi-final package
  • CASA 5.1 planning/priorities
    • 23 working days until August 1st feature freeze: Urvashi: focusing on main developing items and bug fixes; pipeline focus parallel processing
    • polarization calibration: George claims he is on time ; multiband crosshand delays, finished
    • Pam's work on plotcal or environment variables, need to decide. Focus on plotcal capabilities move to plotms.
    • imaging: 3 things: 2 development, 1 parallel testing. sigma cleaning: partial solution should come in soon (Urvashi). Multi-ms ephemeris tables. Kumar will do after vacation/feature freeze. Need a test dataset. Parallel testing, new bug tickets. Parent ticket for this or label. Parallel cube refactor is postponed to 5.2. but workaround will be available for 5.1
    • action item for Morgan: talk to Jen on Anish's statwt testing progress
    • Morgan will talk to Lindsay on pipeline
    • Lindsay: flagging syntax on time intervals. Is that in scope for 5.1? (CAS-10142) Sandra's plan is to have it for 5.1 but it is backward compatible. Lindsay might want it later to avoid problems with the 5.1 pipeline. Changes in the 'reason' parameter interpretation.
    • Q for stakeholders: autoboxing as default.
    • parallel testing by the pipeline group. Testing will likely start in August. Imaging group will try to deliver all that is needed for it.
    • Darrell: environment variables: affects all platforms. Need more than a single person (Darrell and Kumar) to make sure all is covered. Lindsay: better define the .casarc file.
    • Development calendar mostly empty; see PM report, below. Urvashi will talk to developers and try to fill. Morgan will not hold people to it, interruptions seem to make things complicated. Better use the Kanban board. Push through 5.1 try better planning in 5.2. How do we identify potential problems? When tickets seem not to get done? -> just talk to them, at least for 5.1.
    • on the 20th there is another Agile Q&A session
    • Urvashi need permissions to change ticket fixversions when not assigned to her. Anand will provide the permissions.
  • Architect position : Interim option
  • input from Kumar and Jeff. Pam is already working on some of it. Darrell also, esp. on interfaces. Structure 101 first step to define where the layers are going to be, then fix them. Maybe migrate to CASA as a python module. Lindsay: need concept on global variables. Will try to have the discussion end of 5.1/early 5.2.
  • we have funding for a new architect position, separate from Jims. Model: how Raphael does things. will be advertised in the coming months.

  • CARTA followup interactions
  • Morgan will send CARTA gogole site. Track their own github/sendhub. Want to keep it simple and no go to our JIRA. Need to use code interfaces from CASA? read/write performance etc. Stacking of images should be compatible. Image interface. Urvashi will write the use case.
  • Lindsay on Python bindings for batch plotting. Concern that this may not get high priority. Will go into the requirements process.
  • Handling helpdesk tickets/tickets with no component owner. maybe first go through all component owners and check if they are up to date. Those without component, should go to Morgan.
  • action item Anand: change default owner to Morgan, Morgan and Jeff will talk about tickets currently assigned to Jeff. Maybe also re-label fixversion.

  • Next CASA Newsletter (draft and assign at next CCC meeting), Anand will forward the link to the wiki.

  • Need a discussion with NAOJ folks (Takeshi) about properly combining SD-Imaging with our refactored imager in a way that they get access to all of our parallelization infrastructure, and we get access to SD gridding within the imaging framework in a way that opens up options for new algorithms (currently in the R&D stage, but should not be designed-out of the implementation)
  • Plone and the release cycle (Darrell), input from Kelly and Pat Murphy. Have an URL during development cycle. Transition of doc to release. Copy 5.0 to 5.1 folders at release time? sounds ok to us.
  • Jen: workflow is difficult when changing cycles. (will discuss next week when she will be back)
  • next meeting: Morgan will send out a google poll. Maybe Mon 9.

  1. CASA Group Lead
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  2. Scientific Development Lead
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  3. Build Group Lead
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  4. Pipeline Architect
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  5. Project Manager
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • Finished CASA 5.0 documentation content last week. Kelly made the 5.0 snapshot (although it is not accessible right now at Darrell's request).
      • If/when 5.0 documentation is finished I will be turning my attention to 5.1 management support.
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • Need improved documentation packaging solution for 5.1.
      • With a few exceptions, 5.1 development tasks have not been scheduled:

NameCalendar Status
Kumar scheduled thru Aug 2
George partially scheduled thru Aug 2
Pam 3 overlapping tickets; scheduled thru Jul 21
Sandra scheduled thru Jul 12
Dave scheduled thru Jul 8
Urvashi not scheduled
Darrell not scheduled
Ville not scheduled
Bob not scheduled
Joe not scheduled
Sanjay not scheduled
Tak not scheduled
Martin not scheduled
Enrique not scheduled
Federico not scheduled
    1. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  1. CASA Scientific Testing Lead
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • we're almost ready to release 5.0 -- as of Tuesday afternoon, just waiting for CAS-9853 to be pulled into 5.0 (and to make sure that 'doc()' works for plone)
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • the workflow is hamstringing developers as we change to the next cycle; need to find an easier way to move tickets ready for validation or already under validation into the next cycle
      • need to discuss how to have multiple versions of the documentation accessible/editable at the same time (I think Darrell will talk about this)
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  2. Project Scientist
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  3. ESO Group Manager
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  4. NAOJ Group Manager
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  5. ASIAA CDC Group Manager
    1. Top 3 News Items
      • ...
    2. Issues, Problems, Important Bugs/Blockers
      • ...
    3. Assignments/Tasks (next and following weeks)
      • ...
  6. AOB
    • ...
  7. Action Items / Decisions
Status JIRA Assignee Summary Updated
... ... ... ... ...
Topic revision: r8 - 2017-06-28, JuergenOtt
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback