Monday Morning Meeting -- 25 January 2016

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jeff, Susan, Juergen, Pam, Tak, Lindsey, Martin, Sanjay, Urvashi, Jim, Kumar
  • CV: Andy, Akeem, Jen
  • Garching: Dirk, Sandra
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • Paul Rosen Visit

Build, Release

Verification Testing

  • HPC test changes: 725_Split in the accepted list, 905_Hanningsmooth2 getting removed, 925_Split2 renamed to 925_Split
  • Hardware discussion with CV helpdesk: We have found a high memory machine that is out of the box, that will be prepped to run the casaguides; and discussions are underway for the cluster to support automated HPC and pipeline tests

Validation Testing

Architecture

  • Building warnings into the build system.

HPC

  • Working on items for the feature freeze:
    • Julian will try to deprecate simple_cluster, although he is in Paranal on a VLT mission at the moment.
    • Making all sub-tables in subMSs links to first subMS turned out to be more complex than expected. Have identified two use-cases that open the sub-tables in read/write mode (setjy with the SOURCE table and tasks that write to the HISTORY table). Modifications are needed deeper in the code. Will postpone this item to next cycle (4.7??).
    • Working on the baseline separation axis in partition.
    • Justo has found changes in alma-m100-hpc when using tclean. TBV after the feature freeze.
  • Telecon has to be postponed to next week.

Development

Pipeline

  • final testing of CASA 4.5.1 / pipeline C3R4 release
  • initial testing of EVLA pipeline with VLASS test data, working on issues raised by the large number of fields
  • ongoing testing ALMA interferometry pipeline in HPC mode, inconsistent data products issues
  • ongoing investigation of memory leaks in pipeline and / or CASA imaging code

AOB

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
    • HPC work as reported above.
    • Made split2 and hanningsmooth2 the default tasks in CASA. They have been renamed to split and hanningsmooth. Cvel2 will be renamed in 4.7 as there is still one difference to synchronize between both tasks.
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Completed new pipeline hif_setmodels task
    • Completed pipeline hifa_gaincalsnr task which estimates the per spw snr of scan based gaincal solutions
    • Supported PWG C3R4 release testing
    • Followup on pipeline flagging, callibrary, imaging issues raised at last pipeline developer meeting
    • Participated in CASA PM candidate interviews
  • Pam Ford
    • CAS-8261 - Fixed plotms averaging code bug related to VIVB2 architecture improvement
    • CAS-7320 (support MS selection by feed) - fixed MSSelection bug; still waiting for Github casacore approval on pull request
    • CAS-8050 - Prepared MS Tool Update project definition
    • CAS-8247 (create ms tool tests) - created test_mstool.py to use for verification of refactoring
    • Participated in CASA PM candidate interviews
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
    • Completed migration to tclean in M100 regression, detected significant differences in the final images, ongoing investigation to be resumed after feature freeze
    • Completed ChannelAverageTVI and pass it to George for integration in the calibration context
    • Wrote a TVI development guide for single dish team
    • Moved ChannelAverageTVI unit tests to google unit test framework
    • Ongoing work on 'generalize averaging for flagdata' which also includes integration of ChannelAverageTVI in the flagdata data handler
  • Jim Jacobs
    • VIVB2 Framework: Time averaging
  • Jeff Kern
    • Interviews for PMD position
    • Paul Rosen visit.
  • Susan Loveland
    • Viewer CAS-8249: Crash when opening another new panel from an empty panel.
    • CARTA:
      • Testing, bug fixing, and writing selenium tests for statistics plugin.
      • Refactor work on histogram plot so that the plotting code can be used for profiles.
  • David Mehringer
  • George Moellenbrock (over past few weeks)
    • VI2 layering work: Checkins pending for updated CalibratingVi2 (w/ solve-related additions) and the recursive layered Vi2 factory. Also working on a data-simulating Vi2 implementation that generates plausible data and (basic) meta-info without requiring an actual disk MS---this has taken a bit more time than expected (ironing out some MS-aware peculiarities in the framework, etc.), but it will greatly aid in testing VI2 in general, and the layering mechanism in particular.
    • Also various discussions on weights and related matters with various folks.
  • Dirk Petry
    • Replacing mechanism for Ephem and Geo data. * This gives a dependence on the astron version.
  • Martin Pokorny
    • Bug in Visstat2
    • Discussions w/ Julian on MPI at C++ level
  • Urvashi Rao
    • Fixed cas-8199 : leftover ms's in tablecache
    • Added a few features to the runtime summary (cas-6692) for tclean, and uploaded a script to make a plot
    • cas-8528 : Removed extra calls that were making empty models images for the first major cycle (this was confusing the PL folks...)
    • Added scalebias parameter to algo='multiscale' after a user pointed out it was missing..
    • Enabled automatic wprojplanes calc via tclean interface (handed over to KG now for internal debugging).
  • Darrell Schiebel
  • Ville Suoranta
  • Julian Taylor
    • removed all usage of simple_cluster and added deprecation message
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Took the initial look at CAS-8258
    • Worked on enabling subparameters for mask related parameters in tclean (CAS-7924). Mostly done will be checked in soon
      • 'usemask' will be the top-level parameter (default ='none')
      • 'mask' now becomes one of subparameters (when usemask='user') and supports a list of masks
      • 'pbmask' and other automask related subparameters are also added
    • Plan to finish Setjy new asteroid model support this week but still waiting for comments from Bryan
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • Updated CASA 4.6 targets: 6 tickets has been dropped, so far. Had F2F discussion with each of developers.
    • DONE fixed an issue that sdimaging ignores antenna information when searching pointing information ( CAS-8252)
    • wip weight initialization using Tsys ( CAS-7450): introduced a new function to update weight based on a Tsys cal table. implementation and quick tests done. TODO implement functional tests.
      • A possible issue in initweigts, in general. It does not initialize sigmaspectrum column consistently. Wrote to George.
    • wip adding intent selection to the new sd tasks, tsdbaseline, tsdfit, and tsdsmooth: implementation done. TODO implement functional tests.
    • wip Dominique and Juan has updated ATM in TelCal. I'll update the codes in CASA shortly.
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi * I've been implementing visstat2-related unit tests. I'm going to finish off all tests on Monday hopefully.
  • Takeshi Nakazato
    • working on CAS-7910 scantable to MS filler
    • multi-beam discussion with Kumar, Ger, and Mark M.
    • cope with questions from NRO
    • sdimaging bug report -> CAS-8252
  • Renaud Miel
    • working CAS-7339 tsdcal / calmode=otf, stiil need to implement
      • pointing directions planar projection as done in asap / sdcal2
      • conversion of input ms pointings coordinates to celestial coordinates when required
-- KanaSugimoto - 2016-01-20
Topic revision: r22 - 2016-02-01, JulianTaylor
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback