Monday Morning Meeting 23 January 2017

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • IP: 192.33.117.12##8110
  • Phone: (434) 817-6524

Minutes in blue.

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jeff, Pam, Martin, George, Lindsey, Juergen, Tak
  • CV: Dave, Darrell, Anand, Akeem, Andy, VIlle, Jen
  • Garching: Dirk,
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • "How to Use git" talk Tuesday 9 am MT/11 am ET
  • Ville will give a CASA Developers Talk in late February on Using BitBucket and Bamboo.

Test Failures

  • 8420_Sim_Testcomp, 8411_Sim_M51C -- Remy Indebetouw

These tests can be run with e.g.
  • casa --nologger --log2term -c `echo $CASAPATH | awk '{print $1}'`/gcwrap/python/scripts/regressions/admin/runRegressionTest.py ic2233

Build, Release

  • 4.7.1 release
    • ALMA Pipeline is about to merge. We will begin testing and packaging.
    • There may be some confusion about where we are on this release. Jen will discuss with John and get back to Jeff.
    • Know issues: Changes to spectral index
  • Ville will remove failing test from 4.7.1 release. (sim orion mosaic)

Verification Testing

  • Last week Akeem supported clean up of test failures.
  • Hardware order to get additional machines (4 Mac minis and a linux VM host) has been made
  • Update to plone test framework document is top priority

Validation Testing

  • plone testing being split into two stages -- if you have not yet submitted your content, please do!
  • CAS-9232 testing scope
  • George -- is Feb 1 still the anticipated date after which all of the VI/VB2 changes will be submitted and ready for testing?
  • final move to git system with start of 5.1? (just confirming)
    • When we branch for 5.0, Jeff will ask everyone to begin using the new workflow. Will continue svn workflow for 5.0 release.

Architecture

HPC

  • CAS-9426 (MPI get filtered casa dict) fixed, CAS-9287 (Open MPI 2.0.1) investigation
  • Run the ALMA pipeline with the latest casa tarballs in parallel with different datasets, but they all fail due to a missing PB file in the Minor Cycle. There is a warning earlier of a copying failure: WARNING: Exception copying /data/nas2/users/scastro/casa/pipeline/cas9519/run/oussid.s28_0.J03324-2800_sci.spw17.mfs.I.iter0.pb: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/data/nas2/users/scastro/casa/pipeline/cas9519/run/oussid.s28_0.J03324-2800_sci.spw17.mfs.I.iter0.n2.pb. I have discussed it a bit with Dirk Muders, but no conclusion yet.
  • Have started a new batch of tests in parallel, but only using the calibration pipeline on several datasets. They all pass successfully.

Development

  • plotcal and plotants GUIs don't work with new startup/3rd-party packages
  • CASA Docs (Plone)
    • First drafts were due Jan 13th. Please prioritize completion of any remaining assignments. You can view your assignments here: My Plone Tasks
    • Document review will begin this week. Will take part in 2 sequential stages:
      • "Verification" will address styling rules
      • "Validation" will address document content
    • Reviewers will make minor changes directly to document. Extensive changes will be returned to developers via the applicable JIRA ticket.
    • How will we deal with CASA Core documentation such as MSSelection?
      • Not much change is happening in CASA Core documentation from outside our team.
      • Kumar reports there is a more updated LEL document on a Dutch web site.
      • We can either incorporate CASA Core documentation into plone or link to a PDF.
      • Urvashi asked for guidance on styling.
        • Styling will mostly be handled by the verification team, but Anand, Juergen, and Jen will discuss Urvashi's question later this week and respond to her.
      • George asked how we will maintain selection documentation that is pertinent to many tasks.
        • We will put selection syntax in data selection chapter and link to this from task pages.
  • Development Process

Pipeline

  • Percentage of ALMA calibration pipeline runs sent to manual reduction decreased significantly from Cycle 3 to Cycle 4
  • ALMA Cycle 5 representative source imaging support issues resolved, required information will be in the SBSummary table
  • ALMA archive support required for Cycle 5 lifecycle changes and pipeline restore operations
  • Identified some CASA version handling issues

AOB

  • (Qn from UR) : How about a CASA-staff page as part of our new documentation tree ? In its simplest form it can contain an alphabetical list of all our names, each with a paragraph of text. Each person can choose what to and what not to put on there - background, research interests, role in CASA, link to homepage, etc. I found the introduction emails that Federico and Enrique sent out recently to be very useful and it made me realize that a lot of us probably have no idea about the range of experience/expertise others on the team have since we see only the narrow bit that each one is actively working on. And, off course, Federico and Enrique - Welcome !

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
    • Pipeline testing in parallel as shown above.
    • Added a new spw error handler in the Flagging to support non-existing spws when included in a selection with existing spws, reported in CAS-9366: "flagcmd crashes when applying flags on split ms".
    • Added/reviewed Plone documents. I'm still having trouble with a page that gives errors when editing (CAS-9529).
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Fixed hif_uvcontfit error handling and reporting bugs
    • Reviewed pipeline restore operations requirements and identified missing ALMA archive capabilities
    • Reviewed pipeline global parameter handling and suggested additions and improvements
    • Tested the pipeline against the latest git tarball and identified some version handling problems
    • Investigated bitbucket web pages
  • Pam Ford
    • Installed 3rd party libraries, implemented procmgr and casa log in plotms
    • git presentation
  • Enrique Garcia
  • Bob Garwood
  • Kumar Golap
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
    • Jira Cleanup
    • VLASS Planning
  • Susan Loveland
  • David Mehringer
  • George Moellenbrock
    • VI2
    • Discussions with Takeshi on SD Cal in VI2 framework
    • Cal Docs
    • Regression issues in wake of 3rd-party library changes
  • Dirk Petry
  • Martin Pokorny
  • Federico M Pouzols
    • CAS-9426 (MPI get filtered casa dict) - fixed. CAS-9287 (Open MPI 2.0.1) - verified/investigating issues with exit/cleanup.
    • CAS-9427 (new mode in flagdata): planning work.
  • Urvashi Rao
    • CAS-9518 : make the ref-freq convention for wideband band images conform to what FITS expects
    • Some documentation
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • figured out why two casa.logfiles are produced (thanks Pam)
      • fixed bug that prevented passing parameters to tool constructors (have not committed it yet)
    • looked into now plone tool/task pages work (only a brief look)
  • Ville Suoranta
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • automask
      • Started to work on a new 'prune' code (need to write a connected component labelling code) to replace the method based on ia.decompose
      • Looked into the mosaic issue
    • Checked behavior of buildCoordinates() for parallel continuum tclean related CAS-9518
    • Struggled to install one of the new 3rd party packages ('port install wcslib' failed) on my OSX10.11 laptop. Will try later, perhaps after the feature freeze
    • Plone documentation- rewrote the ‘uv plane continuum subtractionÂ’ page as a new page since I can no longer have a edit access to the page I was working on due to an error
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
    • GIT workflow tests: creating a 'quick start guide' for NAOJ developers.
      • code/gcwrap (CAS-8449): Bamboo test after 'Ready to Verify' (Test suite 2) passed. Waiting for Ville to confirm the next steps.
      • asap (CAS-9502): started testing
    • Update of ATM library (CAS-9016): Dominique will give me the final input by the end of this week.
    • extention of importnro (CAS-9485): the goal is to support additional header table to define data ordering. I went through documents and codes and am now ready to start development. contacting NRO to clarify some points not clear to me.
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
  • Takeshi Nakazato
    • fixed libsakura seg fault issue when casa is built against new third party package
    • fixed fls3a_hi regression failure on casa02 build
    • confirmed that fix for sdgaincal is contained in 4.7.1 prerelease
    • CAS-5775: help text for sdimaging is updated again
    • CAS-8879: summarized discussion at Skype meeting with George M.
  • Renaud Miel
    • CAS-8082: PlotMS Header: slow progress, working on task interface modification
Topic revision: r22 - 2017-01-23, JaredCrossley
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback