Monday Morning Meeting - January 12, 2015

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • USA Toll Free Number: 866-901-8266
  • USA Toll Number: +1-203-566-3863
  • PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 725760

Attendance

  • Socorro: Joe, Susan, Pam, Lindsey, Amanda, Juergen, Jim, Kumar
  • CV: Mark, Akeem, Andy, Dave,
  • Garching: Sandra, Dirk, Justo,
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • Amanda Arrived
  • Vincent Geers - joining pipeline group
  • Rafael Hiriart- Now is NRAO Architecture
  • No Monday meeting next week (Jan 19)

Build, Release, Testing

  • Missing HTML versions online
    • Mark to send HTML for cookbook
    • Need to fix linking on the web-page to the old version.
    • Need to update /home/casa/
  • Sending Announcement -
  • Andy: Testing
    • Gathering systems
  • Documentation on how to build Mac

Architecture

  • Technical Forums:
  • CASA Core: - Jim to follow up.

Development

  • Let Joe and Jeff know where you expect to get by end of cycle.

Pipeline

  • Final regression testing
  • One blocker issue, flagging smoothed bandpass solutions
  • Tentative release data January 20

AOB

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
    • Updated HPC twiki pages. Created new calendar for 2015 meetings. We should resume our Thursday meetings on Jan 15, if possible. Darrell, Andy, can you attend the meeting? Can the people in Socorro call a number here at ESO for the meeting?
    • Resuming the tests with the ALMA pipeline and MMS. Task setjy doesn't run with MMS anymore. I need to change several things: a) the returned dictionary should not be consolidated at the end; b) need to change several things regarding the way it throws exceptions on NULL MS selections.
    • Run functional tests on latest pre-release tarballs on el6, OSX 10.8 and 10.10. test_mstransform_mms fails in some cases in OSX. The cluster is not created for some reason. The same does not happen in linux. I see this same problem is present in the current 4.3 release. This seems to be a problem of CPU in my laptop.
    • Some old ALMA MSs do not have the PROCESSOR table and mstransform fails when trying to copy the FEED table for the WVR spw, which doesn't have any content. Working on a fix for this.
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Drafted interferometry pipeline release notes
    • Updated interferometry pipeline jira tickets
    • Bug fixes to low SNR calibrator heuristics
    • Regression testing
    • Started reviewing targets for next development cycle
  • Joe Deep
  • Pam Ford
    • Simple VI/VB2 implemented in plotms (no transforming)
    • Waiting for feedback from Justo on mstransform iterator issue; meanwhile, worked on other tickets.
    • CAS-3157 RTT - scan intent selection field in plotms
    • CAS-3763 RTT - coloraxis='observation' in plotms
    • CAS-6938 (coloraxis='intent' in plotms) implemented but need to make it smarter, as different state IDs can refer to same intent
  • Kumar Golap
    • started to work in combining w-projection in msuvbin which will be the ultimate in data averaging when not needing self-cal
    • In the process i started writing a memo on the multi-threading of gridders (with no locking or memory copy) and show how speedups of upto 12 on a 16 core machine is achievable in absolute gridding time and upto 14 in degridding.
  • Justo Gonz├ílez Villalba
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
  • Susan Loveland
    • Most of week spent installing Carta on Ubuntu VM
    • CARTA Histogram Plugin Infrastructure
  • David Mehringer
    • Out two days sick.
    • Finished more efficient implementation of binning algorithm for quantile computations.
    • Began ascending call stack to hook HingesFencesStatistics up to ia.statistics() and imstat.
    • Told Ger that his proposal for splitting up lattices looked fine to me, and asked him to run his proposal by Jim since I am not authorized to approve casacore changes on our team's behalf.
    • Investigating how to make progress meter work again under new implementation of LatticeStatistics.
  • George Moellenbrock (over past ~2 weeks, now mostly on "vacation" Jan 11-20)
    • Various JIRA-world organization for v4.4, incl. discussions w/ Joe.
    • Started mapping out sequence of work for CalibratingTVI, WEIGHT_SPECTRUM use in solves, and OTF CORRECTED_DATA ("scratchless ops"). Still filtering this onto JIRA.
    • Some plotms/VI2 discussions w/ Pam, incl as regards eventually plugging in OTF calibration
    • Some initial prep for upcoming ALMA polarization workshop (Feb 2-4)
    • Some work on Calibration chapter for new summer school book (due Jan 20)
    • Organized MS sorting/tiling I/O performance tickets: See CAS-7260 (and children).
  • Dirk Petry
    • CAS-7258: now concat also scales SIGMA consistently when it is asked to scale WEIGHT
    • ephemeris object testing: trying to get at new test data
    • CAS-2638: allow clean/cvel to input systemic velocities put proposal on ticket, needs discussion (not terribly urgent since busy with other things)
    • CAS-6803: Upgrade importfitsidi to full VLBI support main emphasis for the next weeks
  • Urvashi Rao
  • Darrell Schiebel
  • Julian Taylor
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
  • Ger van Diepen
    • Merged in NRAO's Casacore changes up to 5-Jan-2015
    • Made proposal for split of Lattices into smaller parts; Dave agrees. Sent to Jim and Jeff, but no reply yet.
    • Made sure aips.h is included as the first file in all Casacore header files.
    • Did a test run of LOFAR code where the MS was stored using MultiFile; results were fine and IO performance seems to be about equal.
    • According to Shinnosuke CASA builds fine against the nov14 branch of GC Casacore. I would like to finalize the move of CASA to GC Casacore asap as we all benefit from it. When finalized, CASA can start using new features like MultiFile.
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
  • Takeshi Nakazato
  • Shinnosuke Kawakami

-- KumarGolap - 2015-01-09
Topic revision: r11 - 2015-01-12, JeffKern
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback