Monday Morning Meeting DATE

  • DIAL-IN NUMBERS & PASSCODES:
  • IP: 192.33.117.12##8110
  • Phone: (434) 817-6524

Minutes in blue.

Attendance

  • Socorro: Jeff, Juergen, Lindsey, George, Sanjay, Urvashi, Martin, Tak, Kumar, Pam
  • CV: Dave, Darrell, Ville, Anand, Akeem
  • Garching: Justo, Julian
  • SCO:

News / Meetings / Visitors

  • Next week is the final Monday Meeting of the Year, nor will there be one on the second.
  • Thank you to Justo and Julian.
  • NRAO is participating in an undergraduate research program for minority students through UVA. If you have a STEM project appropriate for a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year undergraduate and would like to be a mentor or co-mentor, talk to Anand. Remote mentoring is a possibility. See Anand’s email from 12/8 for more info.
  • Rachel Friesen talk Thursday @ 10am MT. See Jeff's email from 12/1.

Build, Release

Proposed pull request format:

General pull request information

Release Notes:

Everything after release notes is included in the plone documentation.

Tools:

Tools and tasks have their own headings for easy parsing.

Tasks:

The above information will be entered as plain text and parsed after entry.

Jeff is discussing with K. Scott options to invoke CI builds from the command line. The goal is to make testing as easy as possible.

Proposed Git commit message convention: http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/

Verification Testing

  • Andy Is absent due to family emergency
  • Exploring resource usage of CASA test framework
    • Profiling Memory for CASA Build on RHEL6
  • Corrected Issues with CasaRegression.py within Bamboo
  • Investigating recent failures to CASA Guides
  • To Do: Investigate recent changes to test_refimager

Validation Testing

Architecture

HPC

Development

  • CASA Docs (Plone) Project
    • Schedule
      • January 13 - Finish first drafts of all Plone documents and move tickets to “Ready to Validate” state.
      • March 3 - Finish final drafts
      • March 15 - Release new documentation with CASA 5.0
    • Your documentation assignments are visible using the My Plone Tasks JIRA filter.
    • Validation
      • The validation team would appreciate early submission of first drafts. (Quite a few have already been submitted. Thanks!)
      • The validators will want to know how much of your documentation is a direct copy-paste from the Cookbook / XML and how much is new content.
    • If you run into problems using Plone please submit a JIRA issue to Anand.
    • Anand will report to Darrell on schedule for internal Plone pages.
  • The JIRA/Confluence calendaris sparsely populated right now.
    • Please review your calendar items and update your schedule by setting development start and end dates for JIRA issues you will be working on in December and January.
    • Please also put your vacation/OOO schedule on the calendar.
  • Ipython, python
    • Version upgrade timeline
    • binding improvement
      • Tool constructors
      • tools or casa objects as parameters (how to)
  • What version is to be recommended for testing (right now)
    • test ~ almost daily
    • stable ~ test <-- Stable is generally the recommended build for testing.
    • monthly ~ release <-- Monthly is the last stable build of the month.
      • In Socorro, monthly is showing the release version. Jeff will investigate.
  • Critical Issue with casacore code review and merge process. (Dave)

Pipeline

  • Preparation of CASA 4.7.1 / Pipeline C4R2.1 patch release
  • Cycle 5 requirements preparation and review
  • CASA / pipeline issues
    • tclean divergence handling changes look good for pipeline C4R2.1 patch release
    • auto-boxing support moved to C5
    • calibrator solve vi / vb2 may affect pipeline

AOB

Developer Reports

Monday Meeting
  • Sanjay Bhatnagar
  • Sandra Castro
  • Lindsey Davis
    • Standard data product naming conventions document review, 4 hour telecon, more to come
    • Pipeline export data code cleanup
    • On going QA report generator refactor and cleanup
    • Pipeline C4R2.1 patch release preparations
  • Pam Ford
  • Bob Garwood
    • (CAS-9232) importasdm should support lazy option for FLOAT_DATA column (ocorr_mode='ao'). Extended to include all ocorr_modes ('co','ca','ao'). Work should be done this week but will need additional time to extend test_importasdm to test the new cases.
    • Working with Michel to move the ASDM and generated code and documentation out of ALMA into a new package that ALMA, CASA, and VLA will pull from as needed.
  • Kumar Golap
  • Justo González Villalba
  • Jim Jacobs
  • Jeff Kern
    • End of CPM 6
    • Out of Office 2 Days
  • Susan Loveland
  • David Mehringer
    • Most of my time has been spent adding image analysis related documentation to plone.
    • Also added import/export uvfits docs to plone.
    • (CAS-9195) RMS images: IR. Requested clarification from submitter re: dimensionality of "grid".
    • (CAS-5740) CASA needs equivalent to BLSUM/ISPEC for integrated line flux density. IR. Requested clarification from submitter on a couple of points.
    • (CAS-9358) msmd.antennaids and msmd.antennastations should handle concatened measurement sets in which an antenna appears on multiple stations: IR. Requested clarification from requester re: returned data structure since initial request was for a return structure not supported by CASA.
    • (CAS-8482) myia.rotatebeam() should write history to image: WIP. Awaiting code review/merge for casacore bug fix.
    • (CAS-4942) Time range in OBSERVATION subtable is zero length: IR. Copied original data to accessible location so requester could answer query.
    • (CAS-5407) immath should reorder degenerate axes: IR. Request for clarification
    • (CAS-9271) move registerOpenFuncs() to ImageOpener::openImage(). Resolved.
    • (CAS-8393) ia.convolve() to write history records to created image: Resolved. Updated logging and history writing of input and output beams as requested.
  • George Moellenbrock
    • CAS-9096: Checked in a wide range of low-level components for the VI2-driven solve (with many new c++ unit tests), as well as a re-implementation of the Calibrater class (the application driven by the calibrater tool) which presents the traditional VisSet /VI-driven class as a derivation from a new and improved version which will be entirely VI2-driven. For the moment, the calibrater tool is still hard-wired to select the old-style Calibrater.
  • Dirk Petry
  • Martin Pokorny
    • Little time for work on CASA these past two weeks. Have been working on VLA realfast code; now over the hump on that development, ready to clear out the backlog on CASA development.
  • Urvashi Rao
    • CAS-8370 : Predict resource use and runtime of tclean : Continued trying to calculate/predict observed memory use. Fixed one memory leak, uncovered a couple other instances of increased (unexplained) memory use.
    • CAS-9244 : tclean divergence test : 4-7-1 looks ok for the pipeline. Made another change to the checks on trunk to address an issue that KG pointed out.
  • Darrell Schiebel
    • third-party packages (tpp) ready for intrepid user
    • unit tests pass for SD and MPI tests with tpp
    • go/inp/tasking interface work with new tpp
    • creating a unit test for each task should be a priority (for the following reasons)
      • python is dynamic and the only way to ensure correctness is with thorough testing
      • task specifc tests would be a great help when ensuring correctness with extensive changes
      • our python layer is not quite as thin as we may think
      • the python interface is what users actually interact with (not the C++ layer)
    • the long awaited 2.7.1 "patch release" continues to hamper the normal package update process
    • new docker linux app creation process is ready for use in bamboo
    • docker generated linux prerelease versions are ready for regression tests
  • Ville Suoranta
  • Julian Taylor
  • Takahiro Tsutsumi
    • Automask - done checking in essentially everything to trunk and rel4.7 branch. Ran a few tests using the ALMA data sets with the same parameters that Amanda used in her testing of her prototype code and got very similar masks. (But the code to prune regions is different from what is used in the prototype, different parameter values may need to be used in some cases...)
    • Added 1MB memory limit to TempImage used in SDMaskHandler (CAS-9284)
    • Looking into setJy issue(s) on setting model using polarization parameters(CAS-9412)
Friday NAOJ Meeting
  • Kanako Sugimoto
  • Wataru Kawasaki
  • Masaya Kuniyoshi
  • Takeshi Nakazato
CONFLICT original 8:
  • Renaud Miel
    CONFLICT version 9:
* Renaud Miel* Renaud Miel
CONFLICT end
  • Renaud Miel

This topic: Software/CASA > Software > WebHome > CASAMeetingPage > Dec1216
Topic revision: 2016-12-12, MartinPokorny
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback