How To Setup An Enterprise Linux 6 CASA Development Computer
This page describes how to install CASA 3rd party packages required for CASA development.
- Tested on NRAO computers configured per NRAO conventions.
- There are dependencies on *-devel-* rpms that Redhat does not install as part of a "Software Development Workstation" installation. These are available from Redhat, but may not be available on the install DVD.
- CASA development on Enterprise Linux requires an x86_64 CPU.
Before You Begin
- You must have access to root on the computer to be setup.
- The computer to be setup must have been installed as a Software Development Workstation. These instructions only describe how to install CASA specific 3rd party packages.
Configure yum repository
cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/casa.repo << EOM
name=CASA RPMs for RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 (x86_64)
gpgkey=http://svn.cv.nrao.edu/casa/RPM-GPG-KEY-casa http://www.jpackage.org/jpackage.asc http://svn.cv.nrao.edu/casa/repo/el6/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release http://svn.cv.nrao.edu/casa/repo/el6/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
Remove Conflicting rpms
yum -y install cmake28 gcc-c++ tar subversion curl aatm-devel almawvr bison-devel blas-devel casa01-dbus-cpp-devel casa01-dbus-x11 casa01-dvi2tty casa01-python-devel casa01-qwt-devel casa01-swig cmake fftw-devel flex bison gsl-devel lapack-devel libxml2-devel wcslib-devel xerces-c28-devel cfitsio-devel boost-devel plplot-c-devel pgplot-devel java-1.6.0-openjdk libxslt-devel rpfits readline-devel sqlite-devel pgplot-devel libsakura casa01-mpi4py devtoolset-3-toolchain
Note: fftw-devel, libxml2-devel may not install as part of the command above. If this happens,
cd <your EL5 rpm directory>
rpm -Uvh fftw-devel-3.2.1-3.1.el6.x86_64.rpm libxml2-devel-2.7.6-14.el6.x86_64.rpm