CASA 4.2 Patch Plan
Plan is currently an early draft. To comment on this plan, please submit your thoughts on the discussion
page, or edit directly below.
Fixes and features committed before r26907 to the SVN repository are guaranteed to be in the current 4.2.0 release. It is anticipated that the patch will be a branch from the 4.2.0 release, so any commits after this revision are not guaranteed to be included and should be evaluated for inclusion in the patch.
svn log -v https://svn.cv.nrao.edu/svn/casa/branches/release-4_2_0/ | less
* branches/release-4_2_0 was created from from /branches/stable-2013-10 r26985
* branches/stable-2013-10 was created from /branches/test r26933
* the last trunk change merged to test before creating stable-2013-10 was r26907
There are two primary goals with patching 4.2.0:
- Support the pipeline approval by ALMA, in anticipation of ALMA Cycle 2.
- Roll out the new implementation of weights, at the request of the CSSC.
A secondary goal is to support the Imaging Synthesis Workshop in May with a limited bug fix.
Other functionality and needs will be considered, but the goals listed above are overriding.
A two partplan is proposed:
- Release 4.2.1 with a limited fix to the viewer in an effort to support the Imaging Synthesis Workshop.
- Release 4.2.2, with significant enhancements and fixes, to support:
- Pipleline approval by ALMA
- ALMA Cycle 2 data reduction.
- Improved implementation of WEIGHT and SIGMA.
Each are documented on their own page, linked below.