Astrochemistry Group Meetings - Oct 22, 2010

  • Agenda: ( ACTION ITEMS in RED)
    • Action Items that need/should be closed:
      • ACTION ITEM: STATUS: (PENDING) Robin has to have the AAS membership approved first to keep cost down
        • STATUS: (PENDING) Still waiting from the AAS.
    • New High School Student will be joining the team - Progress Report
      • DISCUSSION: UVa Grad students are hosting some gifted/interested high school students. We received an interested student.
        • ACTION ITEM: First data reduction notes sent last week. More analysis notes need to be written by Remijan? and send to Corby and Pulliam for review before sending along to David. When will that be done?
          • STATUS: (OPEN) Remijan will work on that and prepare it for the discussion next Fri.
    • Joanna needs to get working on GBT data reduction
      • DISCUSSION: Joanna and Robin will need to sit down and go over the GBT data which includes data taken from multiple days.
        • ACTION ITEM: Joanna and Robin will meet next Wed, 10/27 at 9:15 to go over the data taken for tMeF and prepare the data for distribution among the CCU group.
          • STATUS: (OPEN)
    • Plans for Observing
      • DISCUSSION: Joanna needs to get trained on the GBT Observing.
        • ACTION ITEM: Joanna should log into my.nrao.edu and set up an account. We will then need to get her registered on the DSS on the PRIMOS and Comet Hartley observing.
          • STATUS: (OPEN)
    • Proposal Preparation:
      • DISCUSSION: CSO proposal is coming up at the end of October.
        • ACTION ITEM: Robin has punted the WR star proposal until the spring when so she has more time to investigate their physical/chemical environment.
          • STATUS: (CLOSED)
    • Paper Preparation:
      • DISCUSSION: NH2OH Paper
        • ACTION ITEM: Robin will set up a plan for writing the paper...and report next week
          • STATUS: (OPEN)
      • DISCUSSION: Trans - ethyl methyl ether paper
        • ACTION ITEM: Remijan needs to post his first draft of the paper to the wiki.
          • STATUS: (OPEN)
    • Splatalogue:
      • DISCUSSION: What is the current progress on the offline version of splatalogue for the OT?
        • ACTION ITEM: Updates continue...should be mostly done by next Monday.
          • STATUS: (OPEN)
    • Postdoc/Grad Student ALMA Training:
      • DISCUSSION: Remijan has returned so the group will start going through the relevant references on interferometry and actually start looking at the data off the casaguides wiki and the ALMA commissioning data. In addition, the NAASC would like to offer this to all the postdocs including the Janskys.
        • ACTION ITEM: This is our training so we should suggest what is to be discussed. We need to coordinate/consolidate a list of discussion topics to start next week and invite anyone else who wants to attend.
          • STATUS: (OPEN) First meeting scheduled for next Wed (10/27) at 10AM
    • AOB:
      • Joanna is looking into grant/fellowship opportunities and wants to add this as an agenda item. Deadlines may be very soon, as in next week. Will report on the progress next week.
      • Bob McMahon from Wisconsin will be giving the next CCU talk next week Wed. Make sure we all attend.
      • Next Group meeting: Thursday, Oct 28 4PM EDT? (Remijan out of town on Fri)

  • Persons/group who can change the list:

-- AnthonyRemijan - 2010-10-21
Topic revision: r2 - 2010-10-26, AnthonyRemijan
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback