Vegas Pulsar Software Plan
This is the general plan for the development and test of the software side of the VPM project. (As discussed in the meeting on 2015-04-08)
1. Get Manager running properly.
- Incoherent, coherent, fast, raw dump
- Set parameters using grail/python scripts. (Adapt DIBAS scripts)
- No IF necessary (but optional)
- Use existing HPC code (vegas_hpc, guppi_daq), and existing BOFs
- Success = Everything runs, PSRFits match DIBAS
- Time frame: Mid to late April (hopefully)
A. Repeat 1 with Matrix control of HPC software.
- Task control
- Replace shared memory
- Success = Results match results of Section 1.
- Time frame: Sometime in late Q3 or early Q4 of 2015 (?)
B. Regression tests with spectral line modes with Matrix.
- Success = Results match current VEGAS Spectral Line Manager
- Time frame: ?
C. Config tool control
D. Dual Backend Ops (VEGAS | GUPPI)
E. User interfaces / Data displays (ADC Histograms)