VEGAS Pulsar Project Meeting - Sprint Review: 2017 March 6th 2:00 - 3:00pm ET
- Laura, Richard, Ray, Joe, Ryan, Natalia, Jason
Sprint Story Overview
- VE-191: Continue troubleshooting manager stability issues (IN PROGRESS)
- VE-188: Install VPM branch on simulator (COMPLETE)
- VE-176: Release M&C and config tool software (INCOMPLETE)
- VE-185: Regression Tests (INCOMPLETE)
- VE-187: Investigate possible overflow issues in Stokes U and V (IN PROGRESS)
- VE-179: Continue work on spectral line PFB component (IN PROGRESS)
- VE-190: Clean-up issues with current Matrix code (TWO ISSUES FIXED)
- VE-186: Finalize decision on test environment (IN PROGRESS)
- VE-114: Complete test environment (IN PROGRESS)
- VE-159: Troubleshoot data visualization tools (INCOMPLETE)
VE-191: Continue troubleshooting manager stability issues
Ray has been normalizing the configuration file and been fixing order of operation problems.
VE-188: Install VPM branch on simulator
Installation complete, but Ray is still debugging the M&C software.
VE-185: Regression Tests
Waiting on release candidate
Waiting on regression tests
VE-187: Investigate possible overflow issues in Stokes U and V
Randy has been looking into whether a calculation using wrap instead of a saturate logic could be causing bad values in Stokes U and V. Jason has no further updates on that. Dave MacMahon
also suggested looking at ADC snapblocks and making sure that there isn't an unnecessarily large delay between the two polarizations. Ryan will investigate this during maintenance.
VE-179: Continue work on spectral line PFB component
Took a detour to work on VE-190.
VE-190: Clean-up issues with current Matrix code
Joe fixed two issues in the matrix library. 1) Sources and sinks of data streams were lossy for the fifo based protocal that is used. This is no longer lossy and will optionally block the source if sink is full. This is optional behavior but replicates current system. 2) Joe wrote an interface to GNURadio to visualize data coming out of the pipeline. This completes VE-181
VE-186: Finalize decision on test environment
Laura has put together a list of all the current components, what is needed for both a software development environment and test environment as originally envisioned. SRBS ownwership is still an outstanding question (Tim Bastian is believed to own it). We know that we have two available ROACH2's (1 in the new test environment and 1 from FAST), in addition to the ROACH2 used in SRBS. One path forward assuming that we own SRBS is
- Software development environment
- New ROACH2 + HPC
- FAST ROACH2 + a not yet purchased HPC
- Would live in tape room
- 10 gig switch is prefered but direct connection is acceptable.
- Storage system.
- Regression test environment
- SRBS ROACH2
- SRBS HPC
- SRBS SSDS
- Can accept an IF into ADCs
- Needs IF modules, but would have to find these. Galen may have them.
- Would live in equipment room.
- Could look into add splitters similar to SERINDIP6 to passively accept a real IF.
VE-114: Complete test environment
Jason is still missing fibers, but that is the only missing component.
Waiting on simulator installation for testing.
Stokes U/V Values
Ryan will try look into this more during maintenance following up on suggestions from Dave MacMahon
. Dependent on maintenance availability. Radar has priority for next maintenance period and we will have to coordinate with FLAG.
Need to get it to the point where it can pass regressiont testing. Ray thinks we can have something ready by Friday for regression testing. VPM would not be officially released but would go through another round of acceptance testing, with a decision made after that.
VEGAS Pulsar Project Meeting - Sprint Planning: 2017 February 6th 2:00 - 3:00pm ET
- Geting M&C working on simulator
- Data visualization
- M&C regression testing
- Stokes U/V issues
- Continue work on matrix
- Test environment plan
- High time resolution modes
- M&C system
- Stokes U/V issues
- VE-191: VPM Manager stability issues
- VE-198: Get M&C working on simulator
- VE-185: Regression tests in spectral line mode
- VE-176: Release new software branch
- VE-187: Investigate Stokes U/V issues
- VE-179: Continue work on spectral line PFB component
- VE-199: Figure out ownership of SRBS
- VE-186: Finalize decision on test environment
- VE-114: Complete test environment
- VE-159: Troubleshoot data visualization tools
- VE-197: Finish checks of data indexing
- VE-195: Rebasing VEGAS plan for quarterly planning meeting