VEGAS Pulsar Project Meeting: 2015 August 24th 2:00 - 3:00pm ET

Room / Connection Details

  • GB-137 / Soc 280
  • 192.33.117.12##7144
  • 434-817-6443

Housekeeping Details

  • Main wiki page
  • gbsapp Mailing List
  • Location and regular date and time of meeting - agreed weekly on Mondays; GB-137 / Soc-280; 2-3pm ET
  • ETK codes:
    • Electronics: 432510.GB3015
    • Software: 893252.GB3015
    • Science: 432540.GB3015

Resource Allocations

GUPITA, ARINDAM 1.00
BRANDT, JOE 0.1
FORD, JOHN 0.05
MCCULLOUGH, RANDY 0.05
RAY, JASON 0.55
BLOSS, MARTY 0.1
CREAGER, RAY 0.65
RICHMOND DECKER, JUSTIN 0.2
LYNCH, RYAN 0.25
DEMOREST, PAUL 0.1
PRESTAGE, RICHARD 0.05

Present

  • Randy, John, Ray, Justin, Ryan, Paul

Agenda

General Updates

  • BOF Files
    • Jason has started to look over notes from Aridnam and will use these when working on new designs
    • Randy is working on c1500x4096 mode needed for BL; still floor planning and trying to eliminate timing errors
    • lbw spectral lines modes will be used as the basis for 100 MHz pulsar modes going forward
    • We will look into having Vereese help with floor planning
    • Ryan needs to update BOF file status webpage with results from latest tests
  • Wideband AP
    • Randy estimates 2 - 3 hours left on board design
    • Vereese is interested in writing control code once we are ready for that stage
  • Software
    • Justin and Ryan looked into IF Manager crashes
      • With help from Joe we think we traced to this to unexpected ID numbering of new VEGAS Manager parameters in DLL's
    • Just added support for power samplers, so these are now working well
    • Still seeing problem with observer mode being passed from Coordinator to Managers
      • Seems to happen when switching observing mode without loading a new BOF file
      • Justin believes that he has the problem narrowed down and is working on a fix
    • Need to add functionality for VEGAS to act as switching signal master in pulsar modes
      • Loading a new BOF file seems to whipe out switching signal engine
      • Jason or Randy will double check BOF files to make sure switching signal control blocks are present
    • Ryan has written config tool MR, and Justin has started revewing

Date / Time of Next Meeting

  • August 31
Topic revision: r1 - 2015-10-12, RyanLynch
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback