VEGAS Team Meeting
August 27, 2012
CALTECH & UC-B
- Dan Werthheimer
- Mark Wagner
- Glenn Jones
- Marty Bloss
- Ray Creager
- John Ford
- Galen Watts
- Mark Whitehead
- Randy McCullough
Next Teleconference: September 10, 2012
Looking at HPC-10 and network performance is not up to spec yet - it may be a configuration and NIC slot placement. On paper this should be sufficient for VEGAS purposes. A serial testing of configurations then NIC card placement would be best to identify what has the best effect.
Other bottleneck for testing - is the purchase of Roaches & Mezzanine. There are occasional crashes on power PC bootup for the three production cards that were built. UCB will get next information on 8am PDT Wednesday morning (radio astronomy lab number) Mezzanine cards are build but there is no test fixture.
The plan for the next firmware test should wait until production Roach2. All the R1 tests that are practicle have been completed. A single Roach with an AsiaA
ADCs. should be sent to GB as soon as it is ready
VEGAS Mode Development Status:
Mode "13" testing is being held up by network issues to be addressed today.
Test planning wki page
Hardware procurement plans and schedules:
- Roach-II status. VEGAS order is in. Production boards should be available ~?? September (was ~1 August.) Between prototype and loaners VEGAS testing can continue.
- Order balance of GPU computers for delivery before 15-Sept. (was 1-Sept).
- Backend pipeline processor/disk subsystem (power and HVAC reqs.) meet w/chris (~1 July). Joe to circulate latest design for review. just for pipeline processing & SDFits Daemon? Generally, the rest will be on other machines due for replacement under non-VEGAS projects