VEGAS Team Meeting
September 24, 2012
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
- Dan Werthheimer
- Glenn Jones
- Mark Wagner
- Anish Roshi
- Marty Bloss
- Ray Creager
- John Ford
- Jason Ray
Next Teleconference: October 08, 2012
VEGAS Mode Development Status:
Mark is working on mode 13, dealing with some issues - specifically getting tone into the right data - assume a scripting error. Doing initial utilization estimates
Need to design and deliver the R2 point monitoring.
Test planning wki page
Infinaband testing is waiting on QRX card for testing. Assume about 1-2 days testing. Then we will order HPC computers
Lustre systems are in place but need the larger network to do loading.
Hardware procurement plans and schedules:
- Roach-II status. VEGAS order is in. Production boards should be available ~mid October (was ~1 August.) Between prototype and loaners VEGAS testing can continue.
- Order balance of GPU computers for delivery before 15-Oct. (was 1-Sept).
- Backend pipeline processor/disk subsystem (power and HVAC reqs.) meet w/chris (~1 July). Joe to circulate latest design for review. just for pipeline processing & SDFits Daemon? Generally, the rest will be on other machines due for replacement under non-VEGAS projects
- The order has been placed, with a 1-2 month delivery.
- Mezzanine boards are also ordered
- Based on that, We should plan for mid-November or 1st of December completion of assembly and schedule our next full-up test for then.
- Dan will provide Green Bank with a roach-2 so that we can finish our mods to our software and hardware in preparation for all of the roaches to come in.
- We should discuss this at the Monday meeting and then give the schedule to Toney Minter etal.
- The deadline for URSI has been extended until Tuesday, Sept. 25.
- Is there anything we should talk about? I don't want to just trot out the same stuff we've talked about in other meetings.
- General VEGAS presentation - John Ford
- Any new or different GPU or FPGA techniques?
- Anything on floorplanning or optimizing?
- Steps to NanoGrav
- Maybe the final system architecture?