VEGAS Team Meeting

GB-137-hub
192.33.117.12##7144
434-817-6443# (telephone)

Attendees:

Melinda, Randy, Jason, Richard, Ray, Joe, Galen, John

Agenda:

  1. Review of urgent and timely action items
  2. Transfer of VEGAS enhancements to DIBAS
  3. Maintenance plans for this week / next week.
  4. Review of astronomical commissioning tasks.
  5. Other

Meeting notes:

  1. Review of urgent and timely action items
    • Action Items list is here.
  2. Transfer of VEGAS enhancements to DIBAS
  • Assemble a coherent story as to what upgrades we have made to VEGAS since we delivered DIBAS, and how SHAO can take advantage of them.
    1. modified IF modules to improve cross talk
    2. installed comprehensive ADC calibration routines, and application of the results
    3. modifications to many (all?) BOFs, to improve bandpass shapes, and requantization
    4. modification to BOFs, and the Manager, to avoid the Fs/4 spike if at all possible
    5. development of more advanced pulsar modes (underway)
    6. various other minor bug fixes
    7. potential future upgrade: inserting the Matrix into the HPC software
    8. others?
    9. Full list is now at VegasDibasPotentialUpgrades
  1. Maintenance plans for this week / next week.
    • None - Adam away, and Richard at the High Frequency Workshop
  2. Review of astronomical commissioning tasks.
    • Deferred
  3. Other
    • Frank & Melinda released IF bandpass problem
    • C-band "Tsys" (actually a different IF passband) problem identified; handed off to C-band project for resolution.

-- MartyBloss - 2015-09-15

This topic: CICADA > WebHome > GreenBankSpectrometer > CICADAVegasProjectMeetings > VEGASTeamMeeting21September2015
Topic revision: 2015-09-23, RichardPrestage
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback