VEGAS Team Meeting
February 11, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Jayanth, Mark, Andrew, Glenn
Jason, Ray, Marty, Anish, Randy, Paul, John
Next Teleconference: February 18, 2012
Postpone observations until the receiver is replaced.
Latest test results
Action Items from Last meeting
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- (04-Feb) awaits mode 13
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- (04-Feb) Post GC Obs
- The ROACH uboots reflased (1-6).
- (04-Feb) May be accomplished any time with access to system (Feb 5)
- (11-Feb) Complete
- The tcpborphserver init script needs configured.
- (04-Feb) not done, not req'd for GC obs
- (11-Feb) Complete
- Add sftware version onformation into FITS file
VEGAS observation preparation Status:
- Long Artificial Pulsar Test (Ray + Paul starting 11-Feb)
- Longer (3-hrs) x2
- Ray to look at start up issues and then many ~5 min scans
- Request Ku-Band receiver installation
- If long delay for installation, K-Band Pulsar test (reduced weather requirements)