VEGAS Team Meeting
March 25, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Andrew, Jayanth, Glenn, Mark
Jason, Ray, Marty, John, Anish, Paul, Mark, Joe Brandt
- GC Observation Preparedness
- Ongoing system issues
- Mode 13 packet loss
- are there more tests or data analysis we should do before enabling the galactic center observations?
- ready to go - if team (Anish, Ray, & Glenn) are available to support the obs.
- test a bright pulsar as the first measurement (~2 hrs) with the Ku Wideband receiver Not critical LST
- A long GC observing slot would be useful so no interruption of the track
- what wierd stuff has been happening in our tests, and why, and do we need to do anything about it?
- crashing halfway through the run?
- is the frequency flipping OK?
- jayanth and john's testing of mode13 packet loss. paul suggested we turn off GUPPI. what else?
Next Teleconference: April 01, 2013
- GUPPI is off now and will test today.
Latest test results
Long-term action Items
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- (04-Mar) Should be ready to test in GB ~7-Mar
- Need to refine what tests are done in Berkeley v. GB
- Noise + tone tests in Berkeley
- Replicate in GB (one Roach)
- Build-out to eight Roach boards
- Test on GBT
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- (04-Mar) Resolved
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- Add software version information into FITS file