VEGAS Team Meeting
June 24, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Jayanth, Glenn, Mark, Andrew
Marty, Randy, Jason, Ray
Established testing 'point people'
Ray is needed for other initiating other mode tests and is out until June 27 (Thur.)
Mode 1 data analysis w/Bob Garwood will take a couple of days, then the
UC-B tests on whole system are difficult
- ADC tests can be done remotely but it is complex and requires signal (~1d) Glenn
- PFB tests need a finer test of one bank - could be done at UC-B on their system Mark
- Time Stamping (req. Ray, except some mode #1)
- State Integration (req. Ray, except some mode #1)
Analog tests by Galen
~2 weeks to new computers
Next Teleconference: July 01, 2013
Long-term action Items
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- (04-Mar) Should be ready to test in GB ~7-Mar
- Need to refine what tests are done in Berkeley v. GB
- Noise + tone tests in Berkeley
- Replicate in GB (one Roach)
- Build-out to eight Roach boards
- Test on GBT
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- (04-Mar) Resolved
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- Add software version information into FITS file
- Confine UDP and packets out of the subnet within the VEGAS switch