VEGAS Team Meeting
Attendees: Joe, Jason, Amanda, Dan, Randy, Marty
- ADC Calibration
- Mixed Mode switching Summary and Priority
- VEGAS test scheduling
- Review current issues: CICADAGreenBankSpectrometerCurrentIssues
- Data Directory Cleanup
- ADC Calibration: Hong and Jason need to communicate, Hong needs certain hardware access and will show Jason how to do the setup. Substantial improvement has been seen with the original sample.Jason to contact Hong
- Mixed mode switching: The naive version was tested Friday with good results. The error correcting version (in case of packet loss or extended blanking periods) is in work.
- There are times when VEGAS is not is the schedule (DSS) nor is it scheduled for maintenance (maintenance calendar). Is there a way to take advantage of these dormant period and not accidentally step on each other. A preliminary semi-static schedule could be used in conjunction with DSS to 'book' these periods but there are still the issues of weather-generated short notice changes. Maybe this could be coordinated via the operator.
- See CICADAGreenBankSpectrometerCurrentIssues
- Amanda proposes deleting data taken before 1st October. Dan will verify with Andrew that they have removed pulsar data prior to deleting.
- Please make sure to properly code your timesheets for the current time period and going forward.
- Software engineers should be using a GBT ops software CM&E account
- Electronic engineers should be using a GBT ops electronics CM&E account
- Commissioning activities should be getting charged to hardware support and testing (432510)
- scientists assisting with shared-risk commissioning should be charging an observer support account.
432540 for the most part. Accounts 142023 (GB-based staff) and 142013 (CV-based staff) for when you are helping with overarching observing support (not problem solving, VEGAS specific)