VEGAS Team Meeting
July 15, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Glenn, Mark,
Marty, Anish. John, Jason, Mark
ADC noise testing process - Should we take a set of measurements with the ADCs terminated? Realtively easy to do so we should look at one and then decide if we should do the others
PFB response - the 6db spec has some positive attributes and has been confirmed with a couple outside confirmations. We will stay at 6db and adjust in the future if necessary.
Analog tests by Galen
Next Teleconference: July 15, 2013
Long-term action Items
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- (04-Mar) Should be ready to test in GB ~7-Mar
- Need to refine what tests are done in Berkeley v. GB
- Noise + tone tests in Berkeley
- Replicate in GB (one Roach)
- Build-out to eight Roach boards
- Test on GBT
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- (04-Mar) Resolved
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- Add software version information into FITS file
- Confine UDP and packets out of the subnet within the VEGAS switch