VEGAS Team Meeting

Dial in Number: 877-937-8961

Passcode: 9445091#

Attendees: Amanda, Joe, Marty, Mark, Richard, Ray, Randy, Jason, John, Hong, Dan, Adam, Sam

Agenda:

Whole group:

  1. DONE Building new BOFs in Green Bank - status / schedule
  2. DONE Definitive set of Valon frequencies that we intend to use for each mode
    • Who needs to update what for these frequencies

GB only

  1. DONE Status of Tsys problem - status of 14A_316 problem - seems to have gone away
  2. DONE Status of 14A_367 problem - is it still there?
  3. DONE Blanking calculations in the VEGAS Manager (doesn't agree with Joe's spreadsheet)
  4. DONE Spectrometer disposition
  5. DONE Testing time this week / weekend
  6. DONE Status of other “current issues”: https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/CICADA/CICADAGreenBankSpectrometerCurrentIssues
  7. DONE DIBAS upgrades status update.
    • Document started describing the firmware / software upgrades and fixes which we can offer SHAO for DIBAS. Green Bank staff (specifically John, Paul, Joe and Ray) please review this document, and provide the missing information and edit as necessary
    • the python code for ADC Calibration is now available

Meeting notes:

Whole group:

  1. Building new BOFs in Green Bank - status / schedule
    • Ask Hong to log into the system and make her fixes there
    • Hong will fix the GB setup and start builds in the GB environment
    • Schedule
      • Expect that the builds take between 3-5 hours
        • Prioritize the L8 1080 design first
        • can test this while others are built
        • Test with astronomical tests now, but some unit/regression test should be created
  2. Definitive set of Valon frequencies that we intend to use for each mode
    • Agreed on 750, 800, 1080, 1500
    • Richard will circulate list

GB only

  1. Status of Tsys problem
    • There is a Tsys issue that Anish and possibly Amanda (data in switching mode) have seen in Q-Band and suspected in other bands
      • Additional data analysis by Amanda will begin Wednesday
      • We cannot reproduce the problem
  2. Status of 14A_367 problem - is it still there?
    • Anish will look at 1st integration not blanking issue - only saw it one time
  3. Blanking calculations in the VEGAS Manager (doesn't agree with Joe's spreadsheet)
    • when testing MR actuals did not match what was in Joe's memo - close, but not exactly the same
    • Ray and Joe to rationalize code with spreadsheet then Richard will rerun test
  4. Spectrometer disposition
    • My kingdom for a $0.35 fuse.
    • August 1 release w/ mode 15 & 19 deferred.
  5. Use of test time
    • Unscheduled request(s)
      • Add to Maintenance schedule
    • Tuesday
      • MMCM tests w/new BOFs [Marganian]
      • Retest blanking time [Prestage]
      • Retest modes 10-13 [Brandt?]
    • Wednesday
      • .
    • Thursday
    • Monday (7/21)
  6. Status of other “current issues”: https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/CICADA/CICADAGreenBankSpectrometerCurrentIssues
  7. DIBAS upgrades status update.
    • Document started describing the firmware / software upgrades and fixes which we can offer SHAO for DIBAS. Green Bank staff (specifically John, Paul, Joe and Ray) please review this document, and provide the missing information and edit as necessary
    • the python code for ADC Calibration is now available

Other

  1. A 'final' draft of the blanking memo will be circulated by Amanda
  2. If we see traffic spikes we could plan to meet additionally on Wednesdays
  3. Please make sure to properly code your timesheets for the current time period and going forward.
    • Software engineers should be using a GBT ops software CM&E account - Account 893252
    • Electronic engineers should be using a GBT ops electronics CM&E account - Account 432510
    • Commissioning activities should be getting charged to hardware support and testing - Account 432510
    • Scientists assisting with shared-risk commissioning should be charging an observer support account
      • 432540 for the most part. Accounts 142020 (GB-based staff) and 142010 (CV-based staff) for when you are helping with overarching observing support (not problem solving, VEGAS specific)

-- MartyBloss - 2014-07-14

This topic: CICADA > WebHome > GreenBankSpectrometer > CICADAVegasProjectMeetings > VEGASTeamMeetin14July2014
Topic revision: 2014-07-14, MartyBloss
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback