VEGAS Team Meeting
Attendees: Ray, Joe, Jason, Melinda, Mark, John, Richard, Paul, Dan, (Steve)
- Bank F / H issue
- progress on ADC calibration
- resolution of blanking time issues
- Progress on current issues
- use of non-maintenance time for VEGAS testing
- Support for Kristine Spekkens (visiting Observer)
- SDD release documentation
- Bank F / H issue. Steve and Galen have tracked the problem down to the converter rack (Bank F) and the VEGAS IF module (Bank H). Bank H problem can be diagnosed / fixed using the internal noise source. RMP to email Galen to ask him to proceed.
- progress on ADC calibration. Preparation is complete. We agreed that Jason should run the script in non-maintenance time, and acquire all the coefficients, and then revert the hardware. Then we need: (a) A python script to set the coefficients in the short term (this can also be used by DIBAS); (b) This capability added to the Manager. RMP to add to "current issues" list.
- resolution of blanking time issues. Joe has created a wiki page summarizing the discussions, he will circulate this to gbsapp. Mixed mode appears to work apart from Modes 2/3; Joe to email Glenn to see if this might be a 16k BOF issue.
- Progress on current issues - See CICADAGreenBankSpectrometerCurrentIssues
- use of non-maintenance time for VEGAS testing. Agreed this is ok. Divvied up the time for this week (Jason doing ADC tuning; Paul doing IF manager tests).
- Support for Kristine Spekkens (visiting Observer). Amanda to talk to Brian about their calibration observations. If necessary, will use setValues to increase the blanking time.
- SDD release documentation. Will tag the GIT repository, then update patches file, visible with gbtversion -p
- Please make sure to properly code your timesheets for the current time period and going forward.
- Software engineers should be using a GBT ops software CM&E account
- Electronic engineers should be using a GBT ops electronics CM&E account
- Commissioning activities should be getting charged to hardware support and testing (432510)
- scientists assisting with shared-risk commissioning should be charging an observer support account.
432540 for the most part. Accounts 142023 (GB-based staff) and 142013 (CV-based staff) for when you are helping with overarching observing support (not problem solving, VEGAS specific)