VEGAS Team Meeting
May 06, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Jayanth, Glenn, Mark
Jason, Ray, Marty, John, Anish, Paul, Joe Brandt
1) the GC magnetar: what vegas should observe, and when
2) occasional packet loss (1 in 1E6) when writing to lustre filer system.
this has only been seen in jayanth's offline testing, so perhaps
it's when other groups are using the filer?
3) what server to purchase?
are we ready to decide, or should we do more tests?
did supermicro have any advice on fixing PCIe width or speed?
Next Teleconference: May 13, 2013
Long-term action Items
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- (04-Mar) Should be ready to test in GB ~7-Mar
- Need to refine what tests are done in Berkeley v. GB
- Noise + tone tests in Berkeley
- Replicate in GB (one Roach)
- Build-out to eight Roach boards
- Test on GBT
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- (04-Mar) Resolved
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- Add software version information into FITS file