VEGAS Team Meeting
June 03, 2013
CALTECH, UC-B, & Columbia
Dan, Jayanth, Glenn, Mark
Marty, Mark, Randy, John, Ray
The changes have been made to correct for the problems seen last week and are ready for testing. (Band A is ready for testing after new BOF file loaded.
All the modes are on Github, but GB needs to incorporate them into the manager configuration manager (Ray). Then they are ready to test. Mark is recirculating the setup document for adding the modes.
There should be ample time to start testing.
Ray will be out for two weeks after this week. - Joe should be able to run them
- We should test one of each style of BOF before Ray leaves. - config tools need to be updated for the new names.
Next Teleconference: June 10, 2013
Long-term action Items
- Ray to make VEGAS simulator.
- A BOF for mode 13, or some other mode that uses GPUs.
- (04-Feb) Not available yet
- (11-Feb) 16 input version compiling now for subsequent test
- (04-Mar) Should be ready to test in GB ~7-Mar
- Need to refine what tests are done in Berkeley v. GB
- Noise + tone tests in Berkeley
- Replicate in GB (one Roach)
- Build-out to eight Roach boards
- Test on GBT
- A BOF with working switching signal logic.
- (04-Feb) designed but still troubleshooting switching table loading issues
- (11-Feb) Added to design for Mode #1
- (11-Feb) Add sfp shift into manager
- A test and decision on what computers to buy.
- (04-Feb) Not yet determined - Jayanth should go ahead with his tests to complete selection
- (04-Feb) Needs HPC11.
- All Banks not starting at the same time.
- (04-Feb) (above)
- (04-Mar) Resolved
- It will be good if we get the full spectral dynamic range corresponding to the 8 bit ADC in the next version of mode 1.
- (04-Feb) Conduct initial tests at Berkeley, to see if there are any limiting issues for dynamic range and optimize
- (04-Feb) what is/are the requirement(s) w.r.t full scale sin wave?
- (04-Feb) is this a new requirement for the manager (yes)? is a parameter required to select between options? (parametrized shifting)
- (04-Feb) what are requirements for shift parameter? depends on result of studying spectra...
- KFPA observation with mode 13.
- Manager/VEGAS HPC code that will let two instances of the program be run simultaneously.
- (04-Feb) not available, but not required for GC obs.
- Remember to do the RFI test of the rack.
- (04-Feb) Not yet scheduled
- Roach to Valon serial port connection.
- (04-Feb) Not yet implemented; not req'd for GC obs
- The I2C bus software tested with the manager and Galen's modules.
- Add software version information into FITS file
- Confine UDP and packets out of the subnet within the VEGAS switch