VEGAS / DIBAS Weekly Review Meeting - 2013 August 14
Green Bank GB-Basement
Lory Wingate, Richard Prestage, Paul Demorest, Marty Bloss, Anish Roshi
The IF modules are complete, and will be finally characterized today. SHAO requested we characterize the ADCs, this was completed on August 12th. With this report, SHAO have given us permission to ship the hardware.
The schedule for completion is:
- Aug 12/13: soak test DIBAS hardware - complete
- Aug 14: RFI testing
- Aug 15: Prep for shipping
- Aug 19: ship
Marty is working on the compliance matrix, he has completed the hardware contract and is working on the remaining two contracts.
A list of items which are still to be completed is available at: https://staff.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/PMD/ShaoBackendToDoList
Mode 2 and 3 testing was scheduled (and performed) last week. A problem was discovered with these modes, which meant that they did not record data for switched observations. This was investigated by Richard and Ray on Monday and Tuesday of this week, and traced down to a problem in the Manager blanking code. This was fixed on Tuesday afternoon. This problem puts us approximately two weeks behind schedule.
The mitigation plan is as follows:
- Extra night-time tests have been scheduled for 7pm - 11pm Wednesday 14th.
- Extra day-time tests have been scheduled for 1-5pm Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th.
- These tests will be performed by Anish and Richard
- We have enlisted Amanda Kepley for additional astronomical tests.
Due to the additional testing required to track down the software problem, a draft test report is not yet ready - this should now be ready for next week.
A revised test plan schedule is attached to the main wiki page