Shared Risk Tests 3 March 2014
On-sky tests of the KFPA (8 beams, 8 spectrometers). I'm going to try pointed observations and if I have time maps.
Lots of snow earlier in the day. Dish has snow in it. Sensitivity may be reduced.
1.5 hour slot beginning at 8:00 p.m.
- Scan 1-4: Mar03KFPAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8Spwsall. Started earlier, but needed to switch to not use Bank H because Hong is testing it. Starting with point and focus to see if there's any signal.
- First pointing scan looks great.
- Forgot to do focus scan.
- Scan 5: failed on first "real" scan becuase "VEGAS HPC program taking too long to be ready"
- Scan 6-10: Mar03KFPAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8Spwsall. Redid pointing and focus.
- Scan 11: again failed on first "real" scan because "VEGAS HPC program taking too long to be read"
- Restarted managers
- Ran Mar03KFPAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8Spwsall again without the pointing and focus can.
- Scan 12-13. Mar03KFPAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8Spwsall with source in beam 1.
- Scan 14- 18. Mar03KPFAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8SpwsallMap. Ran to give me some time to look at the data. Bank F looks to be misbehaving. One pol balanced at -7, the other pol balanced at -30.
- Clearly saw ammonia in earlier OnOff. Going deeper
- Scan 19 - 40 . Mar03KFPAMode20OnOff7+1Beams8Spwsall with source in beam 1. Trying to build up signal in other windows.
- Booted off at 02:18 because astrid said I didn't have permission to operate telescope
- Scan 41- 48. Resubmitted script to run until I'm done.