USG Meeting May 31, 2012
CV-230188.8.131.5234 972 7268
To start meeting:
CV - dial 972-7268 on phone at center of table. [to stop phone from ringing, go to the telephone on the side table near the door, and dial 9-972-7268, then place handset next to phone (remember to hang it up when the meeting is over)].Turn on both video monitors (buttons on lower left of each screen).
If the USG meeting must be temporarily relocated, see bottom of page for alternate IP/phone coordinates.
Current USG Focus Item
- CDE/AAS/Webinar planning (Carol, Adam)
- Synthesis Imaging School (Adam)
- mm course and related effort on instructional materials (Jim)
- Use cases for analysis tools (Adam)
AGENDA / MINUTES
- Attendance: Kartik, Ed, Carol, John, Scott, Jim, Kim, Remy, Rachel, Jonathan, Dongchan, Aaron, Mark Adams, Al, Harvey, Lyndele, Gerald (video), James (video), Tony (Socorro)
News and overview
- ALMA Cycle 1.
- May 31 (Thur): CfP? issued (docs deployed)
- May 31 - July 12: Staff Helpdesk
Coordination with other groups and activities
- Project news (Al)
- Kartik proposes holding training for future AoD's (with Kim's input)
- Call is out
- OT test went well: 180 submissions in 10 mins
- Technical handbook has changed - a couple of new plots (configurations, resolution as fn of fq); error in an equation, to be fixed Monday
- Session 15 data sets have been sent to data managers. Crystal is assigneing them. From now forwards new data will be taken in 9.6 (current is 8.1)
- New SV data set announced with the call: band 9 IRAS 16293
- Tiger Team
- New CASAGuides - CASAGuides were hacked; having to regenerate guides to eliminate mal-code.
USG task reports & new business
- HIA (Gerald)
- Planning to record intro to interferometry talks, will put on webinar page. Will send all links.
- Gerald out next week; James will be in and can make tweaks if needed.
- translating call for dissemination to French-speaking colleagues
- Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
- Taiwan has asked us to hold off signing a contract for hotels for 2013 Rocks until June 15th. Things are ready to go on the LOC side
- Science Web (Aaron)
- The call and new SV data announcement has been posted to the top NRAO & NAASC pages; also webinar reminder
- Documentation (Jim)
- Add poster to USG Wiki and to NAASC page
- today is Jonathan's last day. mm course effort has been passed over to Jim
- Helpdesk (Tony)
- Please keep Out of Office current - if you're on the calendar, Tony will assume that you are not available - unless you state on the calendar that you are 'available for Help Desk"
- Tony on triage next week
- PI Support & Visitors (Scott)
- Tutorials & development of outreach materials (Carol, Adam)
- Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)
- Changes and gotchas in the Cycle 1 OT: Harvey
Alternate IP/Phone Coordinates
|CV-Auditorium ||184.108.40.206##6518 ||434-817-6279 |
|CV-209 ||220.127.116.11 (video) ||434-296.7082 (audio only) |
|CV-245 ||18.104.22.168 (video) ||434-817-6285 |
|CV-331 ||22.214.171.124 (video) ||434-293-7109 |