USG Meeting, May 10, 2012 - 2PM

NOTE: Location Change for this week only!
CV-209 (video) 434-296.7082 (audio only)
Socorro: Room 280

To start meeting:
  • CV - dial 296.7082 on phone at center of table. [To stop phone from ringing, go to the telephone on the side table near the door, and dial 9-296-7082, then place handset next to phone (remember to hang it up when the meeting is over)].
  • Turn on both video monitors (buttons on lower left of each screen).
If the USG meeting must be temporarily relocated, see belowfor alternate IP/phone coordinates.

Current USG Focus Items

  • Cycle 1 documents (Carol)
  • CDE/AAS/Webinar planning (Adam/Aaron/Carol)
  • Synthesis Imaging School (Adam)
  • mm course and related effort on instructional materials (Jim/Jeff/Remy)
  • Use cases for analysis tools (Adam)
  • Completed? Simulations and science examples (Remy, Gerald)

Future Meetings

  • May 17: Walkthrough of Webinar presentation: ensuring that we are all up to date on all aspects of Cycle 1 decisions and capabilities


  • Attendance: Carol, Amy, Aaron, John, Jonathan, Lyndele, Gerald, Nuria, Adam, Scott, Remy, Rachel, James

News and overview


  • ALMA Cycle 1. Please be available to contribute to these efforts:* April 23 (Mon): ACTION ITEM: comments on good versions of PG/Cap, TechHB??, Primer due
    • May 09 (Wed): Penultimate version of PG/Cap, TechHB??, Primer ready for review ACTION ITEM: immediate review for mistakes
    • May 14: PG needs deployed in SP. Only minor changes allowed after that
    • May 31 (Thur): CfP?? issued (docs deployed)
    • May 31 - July 12: Staff Helpdesk
  • Cycle 0 SB generation schedule
    • March 7: Start of Science Observing in the Extended array configuration
    • Mar 5-30: SB revisions to unfinished Batch1,2,4 projects
    • April 2-20: Generation of "Batch5" projects

Coordination with other groups and activities

  • Project news (Al)
  • JSG
    • JAO has asked if we have any AoDs available for Aug 8-28. We have already met our commitment, but opportunity is available if anyone is interested
  • DSG
  • Tiger Team

USG task reports & new business

  • Documentation
    • Proposer's Guide now includes capabilities (pdf and plone)
    • Primer (pdf)
    • need comments by Monday
    • Technical Handbook Internal review completed by Monday, then will take comments til May 18
    • QuickStart
    • ARC Guides (pdfs) to T. Wickland by May 21 - will post NAASC Guide to wiki
    • Will post PI/proposal info to include correlator mode, the band and configuration (web page; Dongchan and Mark L).
  • HIA (Gerald)
    • NRC will rework and present a recorded demonstration of James' talk for webinar
    • Primer is now in hands of ALMA approvers; needs to know from Mark when final version needs to be in his hands for Alaska AAS distribution
  • Taiwan and EA Liaison (Aaron)
  • Documentation (Jim, Jonathan)
    • NAASC guide ready for review (attached below)
    • Update of poster to Cycle 1 status
  • Science Web (Aaron)
    • Notice of Intent reminder emailed today
    • Webinar webpage: Registration page created for those connecting to webinar online -deadline of week before to register
      • David needs an estimate of number of online participants
    • Run-through of slides at USG meeting May 24th
  • Helpdesk (Tony)

  • PI Support & Visitors (Scott)
    • Hector Arce is here working with Stuartt
  • Tutorials and outreach materials (Adam, Carol)
  • Workshops, Schools, Meetings (Tony, Adam)

Main items


Alternate IP/Phone Coordinates

CV-209 (video) 434-296.7082 (audio only)
CV-245 (video) 434-817-6285
CV-331 (video) 434-293-7109
-- LyndeleVonSchill- 2012-04-30

-- LyndeleVonSchill - 2012-05-07
Topic revision: r8 - 2012-05-17, CarolLonsdale
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding NRAO Public Wiki? Send feedback